Thread: Gamo target pistol

Gamo target pistol

Well last week I found an Anschutz model 335 .177 in the loft. This week I was thinking about buying a target pistol when I remembered that I had one somewhere in the loft. Had a rummage and found my trusty old Gamo .177 Target pistol. I believe I brought it about 30 years ago. I have searched the web but I can not find any trace of them. When I opened it's rather tatty box I was surprised to find just some very light surface rust that just wiped off leaving it as new.

Although it seems fine it would be nice to know if spares are available and if it is collectable.

Pic1
    Pic2

It's a Gamo Center. A couple have been advertised on here recently, you might see them if you do a search on the sales board.

I've had a Gamo Falcon, the same action (I think) in a simpler grip. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    It's a Gamo Center. A couple have been advertised on here recently, you might see them if you do a search on the sales board.

I've had a Gamo Falcon, the same action (I think) in a simpler grip. Very nice.
    It seems to be the same but with the adjustable grip. The manual in the box calls it Gamo Target.

Although it is fine are spares still available I wonder.

It is a Center. I bought one last year from a local gun shop for £30. I was intrigued by the underlever design. It works well and is v. accurate.

No it isn't.

It's a quite distinct variant of the Center, with a much more target style grip and, I think, a different (adjustable for position?) trigger blade.

Iain

Very closely related though?

Oh yes, other than the differences I mentioned I'm not sure if there is anything else (although I have seen a picture of a Target with just a plain cylinder end cap, and a rearsight mounted on top of the air cylinder - perhaps so the sight radius could be adjusted?)

My point was, they are three quite distict guns (Center, Falcon, Target), introduced separately and existing in parallel with one another.

Iain

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The target is posher and rarer and better than the Centre so it deserves a premium price. Very nice springer for the money, better than all that CO2 crap that parts hands for far more than its worth.

There's a centre on my sig if you're interested
    Dave