Thread: The royal feinwekbau sport

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

The royal feinwekbau sport

There's the early Sport, walnut Sports, Venom Sports, the Mastersport and the Beeman Sport. But only one Blue Blood Sport.

Don Blocksidge engraved a FWB Sport (dunno which calibre) and gave it to HRH The Prince of Wales.

Whether His Highness uses it (or not) to keep down pests on his organic farms is not known.

Nor if he has replaced the original m/spring and seal with a Maccari 'Arctic' or an 'Old School' kit.

The original seal would be like a good Cheddar by now.

Anyway, what is to stop I.J. and mallyally from applying to Prince Charles to complete their 'sport collections with the most unique Sport of them all?

Nothing, so let battle commence!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    There's the early Sport, walnut Sports, Venom Sports, the Mastersport and the Beeman Sport. But only one Blue Blood Sport.

Don Blocksidge engraved a FWB Sport (dunno which calibre) and gave it to HRH The Prince of Wales.

Whether His Highness uses it (or not) to keep down pests on his organic farms is not known.

Nor if he has replaced the original m/spring and seal with a Maccari 'Arctic' or an 'Old School' kit.

The original seal would be like a good Cheddar by now.

Anyway, what is to stop I.J. and mallyally from applying to Prince Charles to complete their 'sport collections with the most unique Sport of them all?

Nothing, so let battle commence!

Think you mean Don Robinson?

AIRIFLE BY DON ROBINSON
    For HRH Charles Prince of Wales in 1989 to celebrate the Prince's 40th Birthday. Rifle .177 cal on Feinwerkbau action on Solid African Bubingawood Rosewood stock with ebony and ivorywood fittings and inset Fleu and ribbon checkering, with stock carving fancy inlays and metal engraving. Rifle given to American people as a thank you for the generous gift of guns in World War II to help protect a British Home after a request by Sir Winston Churchill. Rifle now resides in National Rifle Association, National Firearms Museum, Washington DC next to Ike Eisenhower's shotgun and Napoleon's fowling piece. Rifle appeared in 1990 Gun Digest "Custom Guns"

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I fort vat blocksidge dun the engravins but mayaas I wrong. Robinson aybe dun the wood. least You all Know where to send your Bids? innnit.

You mean this monstros...I mean...work of art Alistair? I heard a rumour that Charles uses it to plink at any non-Classical architects who come in range of Highgrove's front windows. So he must have had the piston seal replaced. Don Robbo probably made him a seal in ebony with an Iroko inlay.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    You mean this monstros...I mean...work of art Alistair? I heard a rumour that Charles uses it to plink at any non-Classical architects who come in range of Highgrove's front windows. So he must have had the piston seal replaced. Don Robbo probably made him a seal in ebony with an Iroko inlay.
    It's gorgeous. Something to treasure for generations to come. What is this treason?

(Surely an BSA Airsporter-S Centenary would have been more appropriate? Oh but the British Royal Family are actually German aren't they, so a 'Sport is more apposite innit?)

It is truly a masterpiece. Note the careful attention to detail, the exquisite flourishes and the subtle royal references - for instance the fleur de lys avec jambes de grenouilles.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

the subtle royal references - for instance the fleur de lys avec jambes de grenouilles.
    A favorite supper dish (with wild Welsh garlic) at St James Palace. Oh, but you wouldn't know. I expect you are rarely invited, with your interest in Birmingham ironmongery. Such products might do for the Empire, but not for the Sovereign, nor her next-of-kin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    (Surely an BSA Airsporter-S Centenary would have been more appropriate? Oh but the British Royal Family are actually German aren't they, so a 'Sport is more apposite innit?)
    They were offered the choice between the Sport and this magnificent Airsporter but according to a small news item in Gun Mart a certain Mrs Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha intervened and the Sport was chosen. Dunno who she was.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

They were offered the choice between the Sport and this magnificent Airsporter
    That poor Airsporter should be taken to 'stockspital and given dermabrasion and a facelift, it's suffered. Or put in a sack and thrown off Wigan pier.

In fact I am going to be sick. Bleeeeeeeurgh. Ick. Puke. Yuck. Vom. Blee. Hurl.

They were offered the choice between the Sport and this magnificent Airsporter
    I bet that Airsporter looked reasonable before the fire. What else could have damaged the stock so hideously?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

thats one SPORT even i wouldnt want
    or perhaps just for spares is this a valuation thread if not i will give a tenner for it ( posted )

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Who barfed on that Airsporter? it would look better if the stock was refinished with an angle grinder & underseal

Reminds me of that VW advert where the tarted up Golf is parked in the corner of a multi-storey crying...

Them Saxe-Coburg Gothas have all the luck .

(well not the branches that lived in Germany & Russia, clearly)

Fancy having The Master make an highly individual piece like that for one, without so much as a by your leave .

'spect he (HRH) keeps it a hangin' over the mantlepiece, an all!

I don't know Don Robinson, but his hypermanic advertisements make me want to lie down with a cold towel on my head whenever I read them.
    If ever there was a case for a lithium suppository, that man is it. Surely his verbose self-promoting rantings simply put people off. Or maybe not. From the photos I have seen, his stocks are about as subtle and tasteful as a flying mallet.