Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonehead BBS

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    Dale,
    iirc the one I used was a running boar which was POK! resprung and doing around 9ft.lb.
    BTW, the running boar/running target versions of the FWB 300 are quite rare and worth a nice sum of money in good condition.

It's also interesting to hear that the recoil dampening works with those power levels as well. New/after a respring/service these things seem mostly to be a bit over the German power limit but it doesn't seem to be THAT serious over there. I don't know the logic, but while the limit is 7.5 Joules a rifle doing e.g. 8.2 Joules after a service doesn't seem to require immediate derating. At least when you're using standard parts.

Cheers,

-Topi

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Topi View Post
    BTW, the running boar/running target versions of the FWB 300 are quite rare and worth a nice sum of money in good condition.
    I know and so did its owner!
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Quote Originally Posted by Topi View Post
    It's also interesting to hear that the recoil dampening works with those power levels as well. New/after a respring/service these things seem mostly to be a bit over the German power limit but it doesn't seem to be THAT serious over there. I don't know the logic, but while the limit is 7.5 Joules a rifle doing e.g. 8.2 Joules after a service doesn't seem to require immediate derating. At least when you're using standard parts.
    My impression is the FWB300 is over engineered for the power level they are normally set up for.

The design itself seems to be suited to running at 8-9ft.lbs without undue strain, but I wouldn't try and force it any higher.

airgun world adverts

Does anyone else remember the adverts in Airgun World with all the rabbits hanging on a barbed wire fence; the FWB 300 leaning against a fence post. jenny

FWB 300 can still be competitive. At the Eley finals last week, two competitiors were using FWB 300's. One of them won her class (the rest of the class all had PCP's). I suspect a 300 is just as accurate as a PCP but a PCP has better ergonomics and is easier to handle. Given that you can buy about 5 FWB300s for the price of a modern PCP, the economics of 10m are interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    Does anyone else remember the adverts in Airgun World with all the rabbits hanging on a barbed wire fence; the FWB 300 leaning against a fence post. jenny

Kindly refer to post #11 (GR not AGW)