Hello

A couple of months ago I picked up a 1971 .22 Milbro G34.

No open sights, rusting blueing on the metalwork (where there was blueing at all) but the stock wasnt too bad. Its previous owner appeared to have stripped it back to the wood and then got bored and not finished the job. It did cock and shoot, but wasnt smooth and there was a distinct twang.

I gave it a new spring, new leather breech seal and new piston washer assembly as well as sending the metal work off to MAG for reblueing (after finding out that cold blueing at home is cr*p )) Anyway, it came back looking the mutts nuts.

I wire wooled the stock, which was a pale yellow straw colour, before staining with Colron Red Mahogany. Treated with three or four coats of Tru-oil after this. It now looks great, a really lovely finish which I am very proud of.

Stuck it all back together plus a 4x32 AGS Mildot scope on top and it cocks and shoots so smoothly. A fantastic little plinker, such fun to shoot. If you fire a normal full size rifle before hand and then switch to this it feels like using an Action Man toy

Only chronos 5ish ft/lb and I wondered about trying to up this. Not sure though as I clearly will not use it for anything other than blazing away at tin cans. I'd hate to ruin its smoothness.

Well pleased with it, piccies to follow.

Chris