Thread: Airsporter S mk 1??

Airsporter S mk 1??

Hello chaps, thought you may be interested in this airsporter S .177 I've just done up. Was really rough when I got it, been kept in a barn. Reblued by Manchester Airguns (probably better no than when new!) stock re-done by me with danish oil after steaming, sanding nitromores etc. Got a HW100 the day after I put this back together but never even shot it, was having too much fun with airsporter and open sights!! Currently in bits again, having a new oversize loading tap made as old one was very leaky. Should get back on Thurs. Was only doing 9ft lbs before so will see if there is an improvement.
    Gave internals a polish, plastic piston sleeve and thrust washers plus it has a HW95 spring and synthetic guide tube so is nice n quiet. Bit of a nostalga trip as I had one of these for my first rifle aged 11. I was gonna attach a photo but you can't on this bit. Bugger!

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae12/max_460/
    Last edited by maximus; 13-10-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Link to photos added

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hello chaps, thought you may be interested in this airsporter S .177 I've just done up. Was really rough when I got it, been kept in a barn. Reblued by Manchester Airguns (probably better no than when new!) stock re-done by me with danish oil after steaming, sanding nitromores etc. Got a HW100 the day after I put this back together but never even shot it, was having too much fun with airsporter and open sights!! Currently in bits again, having a new oversize loading tap made as old one was very leaky. Should get back on Thurs. Was only doing 9ft lbs before so will see if there is an improvement.
    Gave internals a polish, plastic piston sleeve and thrust washers plus it has a HW95 spring and synthetic guide tube so is nice n quiet. Bit of a nostalga trip as I had one of these for my first rifle aged 11. I was gonna attach a photo but you can't on this bit. Bugger!
    Hi Mate........if you use flikr or photobucket etc........just post a link, or if you want to email me pics, I will gladly put them on my flikr for you in their own folder.....Ed

link to photos added. Hope it works!!