Thread: WW Greener

Bury,Lancashire, about 12 miles north of Mancheste

WW Greener

Someone,somewhere,possibly in a galaxy far far away,or possibly in a parallel universe where Weaman Street, Slaney Street, Steelhouse Lane,and St. Mary`s Row remain unmolested,or possibly here on the BBS, this warp in the space-time continuum that unites the aforesaid, (for how else could the characters that exist herein be explained?) will have or know of an instruction booklet for the WW Greener Air Rifle.
    I would be very grateful for a scan or photocopy of this,if one still exists.
    Thank you, John.
    Laudator temporis acti

edbear2 Guest
    John......can't help, but the best of luck!.and if you do find the wormhole that leads to that other place us collectors dream about, be a buddy and stop off in the late 1920's and pick me up a BSA outfit (B).......box containing rifle, bell target, special paint and brush etc....I have a couple of old big white fivers you could take with you......many thanks in anticipation, yours, etc. etc. Ed

Greener air rifle

I have a Greener leaflet with enclosed price list. Will send photos to Ed as I have his email somewhere - from a galaxy far away.

WW Greener Air Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by trevorj View Post
    I have a Greener leaflet with enclosed price list. Will send photos to Ed as I have his email somewhere - from a galaxy far away.
    PM sent. Thanks,John
    Laudator temporis acti

edbear2 Guest
    Pics Greener of air rifle brochure, and gun brochure here;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7622473876937/

(click on "all sizes" icon above pic to enlarge......)

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share Trevor.......The airgun one is a brilliant period piece!

Thumbs up

Outstanding! Thanks Eddie and Trevor.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

WW Greener Air Rifle

I have the Greener Air Rifle sales leaflet, the same as Trevor emailed to Eddie, except the prices have been overprinted with a 5/- (25p) increase! I`m searching for something with more technical content. Shooting Party/Greener are looking at present; fingers crossed!
    Thanks for your interest, John
    Laudator temporis acti

special bell target paint

hi edbear,for what its worth the special paint was water colour powder paint and castor oilo(chosen for its viscosity)a very acceptable subsitute is good quality olive oil-greek of course,and the watercolour powder is still used in schools and can be obtained from the internet mine is made by reeves and nowadays known as tempora powder.google powder paint or tempora powder and you will find a few sellers.if you only want a little then pm me your addy and i will send you a little baggy.
    regards nik.

WW Greener Air Rifle

I`ve just had a very courteous email from Mr.Graham Greener. However they do not have any technical information or instructions in their archives, only the sales literature.
    It`s all down to that parallel universe now!
    Laudator temporis acti