Thread: BSA Airsporter MK6 Piston Head - Advice Please

BSA Airsporter MK6 Piston Head - Advice Please

Hi Gents,

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement piston head and washer for a BSA Airsporter Mk6. I have just stripped mine and it is fitted with an alloy piston head, 'O' ring and buffer washer. The buffer washer was completely shattered and the piston head seems to move about quite a bit as the securing pin diameter is smaller than the hole in the piston rod.

Could you also let me know in your opinion what is the best type of replacement spring.

Thanks,

Ken

Airsporter piston head

PTFE replacement head is your best bet. TR Robb used to do them but I imagine a number of the BBS guys could turn you one...UK Neil...DM80 come to mind. If you have access to a lathe and a piece of 30mm PTFE rod you could turn one yourself.

Mike95

Hi the best type of replacement spring is the standard one keep away from ox springs and the like they will affect the smoothness

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Hi the best type of replacement spring is the standard one keep away from ox springs and the like they will affect the smoothness
    Had a standard replacement spring in my MK5, was rough as anything to shoot and gave 7.5 ft/lb

Titan spring in there now with 1.5 coils removed. 10.3ft/lb and smooth
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40