Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what are you doing in preparation for the meet then?

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!

what are you doing in preparation for the meet then?

since deciding to go ive been in the garden every day and i can only say ive been getting worse, don't know if its the prospect of competing or not but im not getting any better, ive only been at this pistol lark a few weeks now but i should be improving

just about to go back out for a bit, gong to have a go at shooting my hw40 unscoped for the first time ever so that should be fun
    is there going to be a scoped comp at the meet, if not ill just leave it off like.
    anyway best make the most of the light. be back soon
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Me, well I haven't stopped & none of it is practicing my pistol shooting, so I should do just as good (bad) as I normally do.

Don't worry about the 'competitive' side towards this meet. As it isn't taken 'too' seriously. Don't get me wrong it's safe, just we all are having a good time, the winning part is a bonus. Hopefully people will vouch for that from the previous meets.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    just we all are having a good time, the winning part is a bonus. Hopefully people will vouch for that from the previous meets.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Oh yes, most definitely

and, in no small part, due to Paddy's hard work in making the preparations, and making sure all went well on the day (he makes a blue arsed fly look positively sluggish)
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Me, well I haven't stopped & none of it is practicing my pistol shooting, so I should do just as good (bad) as I normally do.

Don't worry about the 'competitive' side towards this meet. As it isn't taken 'too' seriously. Don't get me wrong it's safe, just we all are having a good time, the winning part is a bonus. Hopefully people will vouch for that from the previous meets.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Yep! And a better bunch of people you won't meet on either side of the Atlantic.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yep! And a better bunch of people you won't meet on either side of the Atlantic.

Jim
    And, all being well, we will at least be able to have a face to face with Jan & yourself at some point in the proceedings

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Jan did mention that she needs to work on the hook-up.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    I am afraid that the most preparation I am likely to do will be sorting out my camping gear and getting the link to Jim & Jan working

The shooting side of things will need to 'develop' on the day. I know that there will be lots of tips and experience to be gleaned from the experts, so why waste time on practising getting it wrong

See you all at The Greyhound - next Saturday

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Oh yes, most definitely

and, in no small part, due to Paddy's hard work in making the preparations, and making sure all went well on the day (he makes a blue arsed fly look positively sluggish)
    Thanks Jef

Hopefully the same atmosphere will be the same. I can't see why it won't anyway

See Sol you have nothing to worry about

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

In preparation for the meet I am working out how many layers I can wear and still be able to fit into my sleeping bag. Also I was wondering if I could get changed into my PJ's in the hotel loos before going back to the tent - I don't fancy getting changed in the cold.

Yes - I am a southern softie
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebral Chasm View Post
    In preparation for the meet I am working out how many layers I can wear and still be able to fit into my sleeping bag. Also I was wondering if I could get changed into my PJ's in the hotel loos before going back to the tent - I don't fancy getting changed in the cold.

Yes - I am a southern softie
    Just to let you know that the hotel where most people are staying is about 3-4 miles from the Greyhound shoot So by all means change in the hotel, however I don't fancy your walk back to the tent
    BE-HAPPY-OK

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Metalwork
    Big push for completion this weekend!
    Nick

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    yer i thought the atmosphere wouldn't be too intense its just frustrating not being able to fit a thing

earlier on with the hw40 with the open sights, i zeroed it and then had a go one handed, as i need to practice this as i haven't done much of it,
    the card targets i uses have a little smk logo in each corner, a little circle about 6mm in diameter, i hit all 4 corners, 2 one handed and 2 two handed, then as soon as i tried shooting the actual target aiming for the middle i was lucky to be getting 8s(about a 3cm diameter), I'm sure its just phycological.

oh well, i think the wooden spoons are going to be just as coveted a prize as that for 1st 2nd and 3rd
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Oh yes, most definitely

I'll second that, Paddy works very hard organising the meet. With the help of his lovely family they make sure we all have lots of fun, and are kept well fed and watered

Sol don't worry about the competitions fella, we are all there to have a fun time shooting a wide variety of pistols, and as already said if you pick up a trophy all the better.

As for me I have just finished of printing the targets for the meet, I need to go through the merchandise caps t-shirts etc and see what we have, then at some point i need to zero all my pistols for 6 yards.

So if anyone would like to buy a club t-shirt, cap etc I will be the tall good looking one wearing the new design t-shirt standing next to the stressed out guy in Camo

Now don't forget to say a little prayer friday night asking for a nice warm dry day on saturday well it can't hurt.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerJam View Post

The shooting side of things will need to 'develop' on the day. I know that there will be lots of tips and experience to be gleaned from the experts, so why waste time on practising getting it wrong

See you all at The Greyhound - next Saturday

Cheers, Mark
    Yippee we are getting some experts coming, please don't tell me you are referring to Paddy we are replacing his target with a Barn Door

Poor Paddy he puts in all this hard work and i still give him stick
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Just to let you know that the hotel where most people are staying is about 3-4 miles from the Greyhound shoot So by all means change in the hotel, however I don't fancy your walk back to the tent
    I'll be driving I don't drink alcohol, so never have to worry about that sort of thing. I'll also be able to give lifts back to the site if required.

Clare
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto