Thread: Recommend me a..

Recommend me a..

..good single-stroke pistol. I won't be getting anything top-end, maybe something around the £150 mark.

I've seen a Gamo Pr15(I think this is it-its got a funny-shaped grip)one I like, would it be worth the cash?
    War does not determine who is right; War determines who is left.

Steve Valentine Guest
    have you thought about the gamo compact? £149.99 at BAR

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Gamo Compact. It's accurate and nice to shoot. Anatomic walnut grip with adjustable palm shelf.
    Some say the trigger is too heavy when new, but the old one I got off here has a really light trigger, it's almost like a switch.
    You can give the trigger a workout by dry firing it, you just cock it open enough to set the trigger.
    The rear sight blade can be adjusted for the width of the notch.

Surely the HW40 PCA is worth a shout

You would have change for loads of pellets

Thumbs up Pistol

another one for the Gamo Compact, great pistol...mike...

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Gamo Compact if you don't mind doing a little work on the trigger. It needs polishing up a bit and a longer screw fitted to make the adjustment actually work. The Gamo PR45 is essentially the same pistol, but cheaper and without the target grips.

HW40 if you don't need target grips. Trigger is fantastic out of the box. You could also look at the Beeman clones if you want to save some cash and don't mind possibly having to de-burr the air inlet hole.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

If you have a pretty strong wrist which is happy with a fairly heavy gun (+/-2.8lb), consider the Daisy 717 and you'll have plenty of change. You won't get a more accurate gun without spending £100s more. If not, nothing wrong with the Gamo Compact.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Gamo Compact if you don't mind doing a little work on the trigger. It needs polishing up a bit and a longer screw fitted to make the adjustment actually work.
    I relish the chance to work on my guns, so another one to work on is just fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    If you have a pretty strong wrist which is happy with a fairly heavy gun (+/-2.8lb), consider the Daisy 717 and you'll have plenty of change.
    I would, but the Daisy isn't to my tastes.

Looks like the Gamo(Never thought I'd have a Gamo recommended to me!) Compact it is!

Cheers all.
    War does not determine who is right; War determines who is left.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    HW 40 is a good choice ifyou like a light pistol. I DON'T, so I got a Daisy 747.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 20-10-2009 at 09:25 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Gamo Compact. I had one and competed in a Regional Championship with it. I came halfway up the rankings and everyone else had a PCP. The Gamo is essentially a copy of the FAS 604 but incorporating cheaper materials. It is a bit stiff to cock, though so try before you buy to make sure that you can live with the stiff cocking stroke.
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 18-10-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: omission

HW40 gets my vote as an extremely good value ssp pistol...great trigger as well!!
    Eric.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I really like the Beeman 2004 and did reasonably with it at the last meet but since I finished the repair/restore on my Gamo Compact I'm getting to like the Gamo more,
    Regards,
    Nick

HW40 enough said
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Reccomend

Come to the meet. You might even go away with a Webley.
    Or you will find a lot of pistols to try. Maybe even a Nemesis.
    Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoves View Post
    ..good single-stroke pistol. I won't be getting anything top-end, maybe something around the £150 mark.

I've seen a Gamo Pr15(I think this is it-its got a funny-shaped grip)one I like, would it be worth the cash?
    Keep an eye out on here for a HW75, you'll not regret it.