Thread: scoring machine

scoring machine

anybody got any idea if you can buy a scoring machine for shot targets many thanks

Target Scoring Machines
    for 10m and 50m targets are manufactured by Disag. Sam. and Rika,do a Google for more details.
    Peter

The only one I have seen is at NSRA Aldersley near Wolverhampton. An amazing machine. I wonder how much they cost.

Probably worth clarifying they only work on ISSF-style targets (AFAIK).

Couldn't give you a price. Probably quite a lot as most meetings large enough to benefit from them (i.e. in time saved compared to hand-scoring) use electronic targets anyway, so the volume produced will be quite small. I know the IoM matches on the Sinclair Range hand-score, which takes forever now they have to count the number of 10x shots as well as the actual score, but it's the single most accurate way of doing it. No questions over the calibration of the target systems or the scoring machine!

A friend did develop a system in Java to OCR and score the scanned image of NSRA 10-spot and 5-spot .22 targets. Saw an early build which worked reasonably well, although it's still limited as marginal shots need to be gauged with a manual plug, which means it actually took longer than marking by eye once you stood waiting for it to scan, and then corrected any errors on marginal shots. There are simply too many variables such as the quality of the paper stock and quality of ammunition to rely on the computer in marginal circumstances (e.g. Eley ammo with a nipple produces a crisper hole than non-nippled ammo, old/damp cards or a duff batch will tear differently to good or new/crisp cards, etc. This all confuses the computer.).

It came into it's own however when plotting all your shots from multiple cards onto a single diagram to show trends in where you put shots out. Useful as a training aid, not as a scoring aid.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

If the scoring machine at my local range is anything to go by, they're best used as a boat-anchor!

Ours consistently can't recognise all the holes in the targets and comes up with beeping sounds and cryptic messages such as "error measuring too little holes" and so forth...and this is with every hole being clearly and distinctly visible. Trust me, in my experience it is junk (although a highly-regarded brand).

I've given up on it and hand-score my targets now. If ever we have a club raffle the first prize will be the scoring-machine. Second prize will be two of them!
    "Cheaper, faster, lighter - pick any two!"

Its quicker by hand than the machines.
    The ones at the NSRA are very slow, when they work that is.
    Regards
    Bob

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    I think the ones we have at Aldersley are either Suis Accor or Rika - they worked tirelessly for two days at our regional comps in June, no problems apart from the occasional missfeed, and fast enough to ensure results went up well in advance of the next session. Accurate as well as portable.

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

scoring machine

hi mate don't know if this site has what you want but its got some electronic targets worth a look. hope this helps.

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog/index.php