Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leupold VX-II 3-9X33 EFR used for HFT.

I used to have one of these and wished that I had not sold it now.
    The top of the bottom thick post is near as to 1MD, and on close targets it will be a big kill anyway, and I seem to remember top of kill worked for most close stuff, even 8 yarders.
    I am also now using a Sightron 10x42 which I love, but it doesn't have the ability of the little leup or Burris at close range.
    BASC

My custom 3-9 EFR has very fine crosshairs and centre dot, no other bars or posts at all. It was one of a batch made by the Leupold Custom Shop. I like dots, as the eye tends to centre them automatically within circular targets. However, in the woods and on gloomy days the dot can be hard to spot, especially if the kill zone is painted black!

At the previous year's Newark show, I picked up a second hand Leupold MR/T with illuminated TMR (I think) reticle. This has a rather bolder centre dot, no wires or bars at all and just a large circle outboard of the dot. I've had mixed results with this little scope and the fixed parallax has necessitated setting on about 6x to keep as much of the field as possible in sharp focus.

Only another few months to the next show (Stoneleigh this time), when I'll be on the look out for another HFT scope.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Thanks guys!

you wont go wrong with any Leupold even more the gold ring ones (life time warranty) i have Leupolds on all my guns wont use any thing else simples.

paul
    I have guns because i enjoy shooting, what i dont enjoy is being screwed by red tape and a dishonest government.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
    you wont go wrong with any Leupold even more the gold ring ones (life time warranty) i have Leupolds on all my guns wont use any thing else simples.

paul
    Lets hope so! Just bought one (Well, I will have by Monday)

got one of thes its the best hunting scope I have used

hotshot

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Depth of field does seem deeper than scopes with larger objectives and, with parallax set at 20 yards, I find most targets pretty crisp on 8x. I may get another one of these scopes for my new Verminator. I fancy the March 1-10x24 but the price is a bit steep!
    When you say the price is a bit steep how much you talking about

north of £1,600 for the March I think.... very, very good glass though
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Are these still available ?, i checked the leupold website and it says they are "no longer for sale" ?