Thread: UK Springer 09 Champeens

UK Springer 09 Champeens

I want to thank all the clubs and members that put on rounds of the UK Springer Championship.....

Lea Valley
    Shepreth
    Kibworth
    Quarry
    MAD

........they provided a varied and testing trial for the shooters. The rounds were all shot in great weather conditions which just goes to show ,God shoots a Springer .

.177 Springer Winners

1st Place...Colin Matthews....390.6 %
    2nd Place...Darren Lindsey.....388.92
    3rd Place....Toby Lee....388.92

.22 Springer Winners

1st Place...Mark Sherlock.......400 %
    2nd Place..Roger Bentley.......391.64
    £rd Place...Mike Carney.........375.6

Junior Springer

1st Place...Thomas Price........377.2 %
    2nd Place...Joshua Overton.....368.55
    3rd Place....Matthew Edwards..100

Congratulations to all the winners, the numbers don`t really tell the full story as no one shooter was a runaway winner, this really went down to the wire. It also gave other shooters a chance to win some silverware at all of the rounds.
    The numbers and interest in Springers has grown ,with some dyed in the wool PCP shooters shopping for springers now.

Again, thanks to all that have been involved,its been agreat series and looking forward to 2010.

Andy
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

Well done getting the scores up pronto Andy, and a well earned thanks to you and everyone else throughout the series who put in all the hard work behind the scenes to make it the success it is.

Your right about down to the wire with 2nd and 3rd .177 Championship placings being decided with a shoot off, and if my maths right I've calculated that there was 1 shot covering 1st to 3rd in the .177 class.

A few newer shooters also showing a lot of promise recently, some beating the more seasoned regulars, so looks like next year could be even tougher!!
    ColinM

Andy, I think the biggest thanks needs to go to YOU, without all the hard work that you've put in behind the scenes, none of it would have happened.

You organized all the trophy's, badges, hats, did the scores, speeches and presentations, liaised with other clubs and then had the pressure of shooting it as well!

I take my hat off to you mate! (the one you gave me )

Thanks again, for a great competition

Toby
    HW97K V-Mach Mamba .177, HW55T,
    Ripley AR5s 14".177, BSA XTX Ultra .177 - Mini Custom Stock,
    Target tune India HW30s Williams Peep Sight (suprisingly good!)

Thumbs up Ba-Doing!!!!!

Seconded!
    As Toby says, a huge thank you to Andy for all the work he put in organising the competition and then number crunching his way through all the stats and scores. It's been a thoroughly enjoyable experience and one I know myself and Dad are already looking forward to repeating next year.
    Just need to get a bit more practice in along the way.....

UK Springer Champs

Hi All

Does anyone perhaps know the dates for the 2010 Springer champs?

Thanks

Andre'
    Pro Sport; TX200; S&W 586; Webley Alecto; Red Hawk; HW57; CP88 Competition; HW45; MPR-FT.