Thread: Scope mounts on Mk1 meteor

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Scope mounts on Mk1 meteor

Cant seem to find anywhere that sells them. They are a large size - around 15mm. Had found some 15mm sportsmatch ones at tawnado.com. Had a chat with them though, they said the angle is too sharp on the rails for their type.
    Any tips on where to get some would be really appreciated! Will probably try John Knibbs in the AM. Itching to get a scope on my "new" .177 mk1.

Mark 1 Meteor

I took a file and a grinding wheel to a set of standard mounts for a club member and got them to fit. I imagine you could do the same to the Sportsmatch 15mm mounts. I would check the measurement on the Meteor first since I think it is more than 15mm, closer to 17mm. You could look for the original Mark 1 Meteor scope, not much use past 15 yards however!

Mike95

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    Thanks Mike, yes quite right - more like 17mm. Spoke to John Knibbs this am. He sold me a set of 17mm mounts to fit: £20. Apparently They had them made up especially.

Meteor mounts

That seems a very reasonable price for a difficult to find item..must be a few people looking for these.

I have just spent an hour in my garage adapting a set of mounts to fit a Supersport 5 rimfire and after fitting them to the rifle, the scope I intended to use fell to pieces in my hands! An old "Bisley" scope so no great loss.

Mike95