Thread: HFT Stealth

HFT Stealth

I'm hoping to have a go at HFT at Redfearns next week.
    I only have one rifle and can't afford another, so I thought I'd modify what I already have.
    Usually my Stealth has a 24" .22 barrel, but thanks to Wadcutter (Alan) who sent me an old RWS 45 .177 barrel (gratis), and a mate with a lathe, I now have a 16" .177 Stealth.
    It is producing 10.7 ft/lbs and pellet on pellet groups @ 25 yards using 7.9grn Accupels.
    I just need to fine tune the power to around 11.5 ft/lbs and my gun will be all ready to go.
    John

P.S. Does anyone know how to post a picture on here?

Rule are for the guidance of wise men and the unswerving obedience of fools!

10.7 should be plenty for HFT, if you try tuning it it may go over. Even if you do it right, your chrono might be slightly out. Halfway through a comp is a bad place to find out.

Trust me, I know

Increasing power levels is also a bit taboo on here, best bet would be to go to a local gunshop.
    Common sense is becoming so rare these days, it should be considered a superpower

I have no problem with tuning the power as I do all my own work on my Stealth.
    But as you rightly state, I musy allow for my chrono error. I bet the power would increase if a slightly heavier pellet was used.
    Thanks for the advice.
    John

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    John

10.7 is ok, the highest my 0.177 Super10 goes to is 11.2 and I find that 777fps is good enough. Didn't you shoot the 0.22 version at the BBS meet at Millride last year???

Kev, Round 2 (Millride) disqualification is really getting to you aint it....

Ian
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

Common sense is becoming so rare these days, it should be considered a superpower

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Acenorth.
    [B]John

10.7 is ok, the highest my 0.177 Super10 goes to is 11.2 and I find that 777fps is good enough. Didn't you shoot the 0.22 version at the BBS meet at Millride last year???

Hi Ian,
    I gave the .22 version it's first outing at Millride last year. Those .22 Baracudas really did smack the target.
    John

Gary C Guest
    Johnny
    I'll be shooting 1st session so if u get stuck you can take my MK3 or 400 round.

Thanks once again for the kind offer of a rifle Gary.
    I have really been putting a bit of work in on the Stealth, so it should be OK for next weekend.
    I suppose the Stealth is a bit of an obsession of mine. I like the way I can change calibre and power with 'donor' barrels from old air rifles. It's a cheap way too, as long as I stay friendly with my engineering mate with the lathe. I maintain his computer for him for free, and he does me the lathework.
    I would like a dedicated rig for HFT, but I don't get to the shoots as often as I would like, and it wouldn't be financially viable, given I am only working part-time at the moment.
    It's loads of fun messing about with the Stealth, and they can be damned good if you are prepared to tinker around a little.
    See you all next Sunday.
    John