Thread: BSA Model Lincoln

BSA Model Lincoln

I have a BSA Model H. The lincoln
    Since my Father aquired the gun it has never had the screw or washer that retains the tap, I have never seen another "H" to ascertain what actually kept the tap in place, does any one out there know, have photos or even better know where I can get one, borrow one so as to measure it and get a replica made.

Thanks for reading

Dave

see mine here

I have one with a knurled nut to hold it in place see the images here:

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=DSC_1364.jpg

hope this helps, if you think it would be like this and need some more info give me a message. Caddy.

Dave according to John Knibbs's excellent book on the pre-WW1 BSAs, there were at least three types of tap retaining methods employed on the LJ "H" rifles. The most common was this one, with a keeper screw.

Then in the third batch (serial nos. 4830 to 5829) an adjustable one, like Caddy's, was fitted (pic 1, pic 2), which had a knurled finger nut and a compensating spring, supposed to take up any wear when the nut was tightened. But tightening it also had the effect of moving the tap out of alignment with the bore so the design was abandoned.

There was also a "quick release breech plug catch" but it was only fitted to a small number of rifles.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.