Thread: bsa licoln jeffries spares wanted

Question bsa licoln jeffries spares wanted

Hi Folks

Im trying to find some spares for a licoln jeffries style under lever air rifle.

I need the linkage from the piston to the underlever and finding it hard to find anyone who sells these new.

So maybe someone out there has one knocking around.

Any information would be great.

Im not sure if these linkages are all the same, i know the one of a webley mk3 will fit but it doesnt look right. I can give information of lengths etc. if anyone has one.

many thanks

chris

Quote Originally Posted by webleybsa View Post
    Hi Folks

Im trying to find some spares for a licoln jeffries style under lever air rifle.

I need the linkage from the piston to the underlever and finding it hard to find anyone who sells these new.

So maybe someone out there has one knocking around.

Any information would be great.

Im not sure if these linkages are all the same, i know the one of a webley mk3 will fit but it doesnt look right. I can give information of lengths etc. if anyone has one.

many thanks

chris
    Chris these linkages were different for different models so it would be worth making the length and pattern known. Also, are you talking about a pre-WW1 model (ie. Lincoln Jeffries or BSA) or one of the inter-War BSAs (ie. Standard, Light etc with push-buttons on the end of the cocking lever) or a foreign copy? If you're not sure, posting links to some pics of the rifle and the serial no/identifying marks would help.

The lug that engages with the piston during cocking sometimes wears over time so spare linkages can be hard to find. I've seen a few of them salvaged by being built up with weld and even on one occasion with the lug replaced by a pin, to get around the problem of finding a replacement.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi mate...(And welcome to the best section in the BBS, infact....on the entire internet!!!)....as Garvin says there are many variations....( and they are not available anywhere new!)...A serial number, any markings on the cylinder, and any other info would be helpful!........I am close to you and possibly can help if I have more info on the gun you have......ATB, Ed

Hi fellow airgunners

Thanks for the speedy response

The gun is a bsa with lincoln jeffries patent stamped on the underlever. Serial number is 14614, barrell length from muzzle to centre of cocking tap is 19.5 inches.

Piston chamber from the centre of tap to the screwed on trigger housing is 9 inches. the underlever is of the stepped crooked type.

many thanks

edbear2 Guest
    P.M. sent .......you may be in luck

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by webleybsa View Post
    Hi fellow airgunners

Thanks for the speedy response

The gun is a bsa with lincoln jeffries patent stamped on the underlever. Serial number is 14614, barrell length from muzzle to centre of cocking tap is 19.5 inches.

Piston chamber from the centre of tap to the screwed on trigger housing is 9 inches. the underlever is of the stepped crooked type.

many thanks
    Had a quick look at home...your gun sounds like a Imp Mod D from the dims you give.....if the patent on the underlever is numbered 8761/04, then this all ties up.........the link I have is 6 and 3/16" from the centre of the pivot hole to the front edge of the piston engagement lug.........PM me if you want to test fit it, as I am Worcester sat a.m.