Thread: Engraved aluminium trigger guard?

Engraved aluminium trigger guard?

Hi folks - does anyone know where i might get an engraved aluminium trigger guard for an old HW80 i'm doing up? B.A.R. seem to do engraved brass ones but only plain aluminium!

Many thanks,

Frank.

i know it's not engraved but i stripped the standard one on my 80 and polished both it and the trigger , it looks good and cost nowt

i dare say you could get it engraved as well or get the dremmel out and have a go yourself cheers
    Alan
    AA S200 ginb stock 177/ hw77 refinished stock 22
    hw 80k refinished stock 22/ webley tempest 22

Thanks for that Alan - thats looks very nice indeed! Did it take much doing to remove the all the black off the guard?

it came up rather nice i thought the blacking was very badly worn on this one and came off no probs at all , i'm doing one today for someone else and the black is very tough so it's getting the b+q drain cleaner treatment b4 sanding down the cast marks and polishing , cheers
    Alan

just to let you know the one i done today took less than 35 mins from start to finish , so it doesn't take long at all
    Alan

Ginb do a very nice one for about £40
    http://www.ginb.it/std_and_opt.php?lang=en&id=1&optid=1
    Last edited by Murl; 22-10-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks Murl - i've seen the Ginb ones - i thought they were a bit expensive, but they are really classy and look well made so maybe they're not a bad price after all!

Alan - you did well to do one in under 35 minutes - does that drain cleaner really work then? What do you polish them with when you've stripped them?

aye the drain cleaner works well then a wee rub with 400g wet and dry to get rid of the casting lines then a rub with some finer wet and dry say 1200g , i then gave it a rub with 2400g polysand an american mate sent me then a rub with autosol metal polish , job done , cheers
    Alan

Thanks for that my friend - you make it sound easy! - i tried to strip the black off some scope mounts once - spent ages on 'em and they still looked shocking when i'd done!

ATB,

Frank.