Thread: webley service mk2 insight

webley service mk2 insight

Ive never come accross peep hole sights before,can anyone explain how to use them please,also any sugestions as to what pellets are best for these rifles.Thanks guys

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Mate......On your service, you can do two things in the way of using the sights......If you look through the standard open jobbies, and then flip up the aperture (peep) sight, you will see that the sight picture/image is sharpened......so some (like me) with "older" eyes use the peep as an aid, combined with the standard sights........OR.......you can remove, or lower out of the way, the rearsight blade insert.........Then it is a case of just looking through the peepsight........your eyes will naturally centre the foresight tip!...Give the latter a go, you will be surprised at how well it works!.......Try to ignore the peepsight totally as you look through, and concentrate on the foresight only, your brain does the rest......It is instinctive, and takes a little while to get used to, But the longer sightbase will give you better accuracy if you get the hang of it!

Pellet wise.......your gun is a "true" .22 cal..ie 5.6mm, so many modern pellets are a bit small, as the they size around 5.5.......H+N ftt in 5.54 go very well in my old .22 BSA's, and I have heard that superdomes are also good......below is a old thread regarding this very subject;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325990

P.S.......the modern "bisley.com" wasp pellets are very good....NOT.......dont waste your money, unless you have a mould for making fishing weights
    Last edited by edbear2; 24-10-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Spelling.......AGAIN!!!!!!

Thanks for that Edbear,absolutely top info.i came back to airguns about 3 years ago after a 20 year break.In my youth with mainly BSA rifles Eley wasp was the only pellet,when i tried them on my return i was mystified they worked like milbro caledonians!!.Thanks again