Thread: webley tracker ageing

webley tracker ageing

hello there coulod anyone tell me the age of my webley tracker carbine .22
    got told it was a deluxe but not sure
    serial number 42122
    thanks for your help
    wayne
    Last edited by bowbow; 24-10-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi. Thread now moved to collectables where the old coves can help . Atb; G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Zatnikatel is offline He's coming in. I feel safer already
    Mine's serial number 33384, bought new around September 1989 I seem to remember. I don't know how many were made each year but I would guess that yours would be a couple of years younger than this.

The deluxe version had a walnut stock and a removable barrel weight (see the picture of mine in my sig), the standard version came with a beech stock and possibly no weight.

Feel free to email me some pictures of yours if you'd like a second (albeit less than expert) opinion.

atb, Glyn

thanks for the reply glyn
    mine looks the same as yours, i will post pics soon
    do you know if you can fit a silencer and do you know the value of these rifles
    thanks
    wayne

Zatnikatel is offline He's coming in. I feel safer already
    Yours does look pretty much identical to mine, Wayne, so I'd say it's definitely the deluxe version you have there. These are actually quite sought after rifles, it's difficult to say how much they're worth in today's market but I'd guess around the £200 mark in good condition, possibly more. It might be worth doing a search in the sales section for recent sales to give you an idea.

As for a silencer, try the Webley Pro System. I'm pretty sure it will fit but it might be worth checking with whichever shop you buy it from to make sure. Also bear in mind that due to regulations you can't buy silencers over the net, only face to face.

And if you're feeling adventurous you might also like to consider changing the mainspring for a Theoben / AWT gasram (if you can find one). I swapped mine a few years ago and to my mind it made the gun much smoother and a lot less twangy. If you want to do it and have difficulty finding a gasram, PM Reeves on here as he has some connection with AWT and may be able to help.

atb, Glyn

thanks for that m8 i will try and get a webley silencer from somewhere i will have to ask at my local gunshop
    i dont fancy the idea of a gas ram i have heard it makes the rifle to powerfull and shakes the rifle to bits
    thanks
    wayne