Thread: restoration required HW35E

restoration required HW35E

Hi guys, would anyone know of a gunsmith / stock repairer in the southeast who would restore my HW35E? It primarily needs a full stripdown and service as it still has the original spring and seals etc and also i would really like to have the walnut stock refinished as its a lovely piece of wood but spoiled by some scratches,chips and dings. I know i might have to get the stock and action dealt with by different people but it would of been nice to get it all done in one place but cant think of anyone in particular. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. matt

I would've thought any half decent gun shop with an on site gunsmith would be able to sort out the internals for you.Or have a go yourself,the 35 is very easy to work on and any parts can be got from http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...4562&cat=HW35#
    you could have it as nice winter project.You can also get a tune kit from Bonnie & Clyde which does away with the leather piston washer and replaces it with a more modern plastic one.As for the stock you could try sanding it down if the chips and dinks aren't too deep,if they are use a bit of wood filler which will be hidden when you oil it afterwards,the dents can be raised using an iron on them.It's something i will be doing myself on my old 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattatack View Post
    Hi guys, would anyone know of a gunsmith / stock repairer in the southeast who would restore my HW35E? It primarily needs a full stripdown and service as it still has the original spring and seals etc and also i would really like to have the walnut stock refinished as its a lovely piece of wood but spoiled by some scratches,chips and dings. I know i might have to get the stock and action dealt with by different people but it would of been nice to get it all done in one place but cant think of anyone in particular. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. matt
    Could send it to V - Mach for tune up and re blue, wouldn't be cheap but would come back awesome

In the mean time you could sand down and re finish the stock yourself - really easy and satisfying job

Atb, Paul

Bonnie and Clyde, aka shotmastertuning.

http://shotmastertuning.co.uk/index.html
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php