Thread: Crosman 2200 Magnum

Crosman 2200 Magnum

At Bisley last weekend I bought a Crosman 2200 Magnum pump up .22 rifle because it was made from chrome and plastic and looked amusing.
    Crosman say this gun should be pumped 8 times to give 595 fps which seems optimistic.
    The gun has now been sorted and only takes 4 pumps before the pressure relief valve kicks in. At this it does a pleasant consistent 495 fps which it also holds for hours.
    I am happy with this but can any Crosman expert confirm that the gun has been limited for the UK market? I expect it will be as accurate as all Crosmans are despite the plastic! Thanks.

I saw that to last weekend. He had some good airguns on that stall.

It brought back many memories. I bought one in the States in 1979 and brought it back to the UK. I remember they didn't appear as official imports until later that year and were restricted however mine was not much more powerful than my Meteor and Mercury I had at the time.

In my AGW from 1983 the one on test gave 568fps with 13.5 grain Kassnar pellet ( never heard of them either). That was with 10 pumps.

Hope that is of some use.

Thanks Coburn. My mate who fixes all these things thinks it is meant to be like it is. He points out that if 4 pumps give you 495 10 might give you you know what! He has fixed the weak stock and tomorrow I will be can shooting in our forest!
    There are always some nice guns at Bisley. Bet you didnt even see the Webley Eclipse I bought. It barely touched the table!

Can't say if the are 'limited' for the British market but do know that I tested one using a Skan Chrono earlier this year. 6 pumps, Air Arms Field, 11.2ftlb over a short string of shots. So with the necessary adjustments they are probably capable of a bit more: perhaps to suit their own home market? Relatively inexpensive, amazingly light, very short'n'pointable and generally hit what you aim at. Can't really ask for any more than that.
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 24-10-2009 at 05:59 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Thanks for input chaps. Up to six pumps now which holes tin cans, Accurate with open sights at 20yds. This is just with some new o rings, my mate who fixes things, and 3 drops of pellgun oil. Glad I rescued it!
    I actually had more fun with it today than with my Air Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Thanks Coburn. My mate who fixes all these things thinks it is meant to be like it is. He points out that if 4 pumps give you 495 10 might give you you know what! He has fixed the weak stock and tomorrow I will be can shooting in our forest!
    There are always some nice guns at Bisley. Bet you didnt even see the Webley Eclipse I bought. It barely touched the table!
    Hi, I have had a few of these, They are " regulated " by the Diameter & length of the piston stroke !
    IE Its just not possible to keep on pumping for an increase ( Same as the 1377 )
    There is just not enough volume to go over ( By much ) Thats why they were allowed in .

Its no INNOVA ! Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    Can't say if the are 'limited' for the British market but do know that I tested one using a Skan Chrono earlier this year. 6 pumps, Air Arms Field, 11.2ftlb over a short string of shots. So with the necessary adjustments they are probably capable of a bit more: perhaps to suit their own home market? Relatively inexpensive, amazingly light, very short'n'pointable and generally hit what you aim at. Can't really ask for any more than that.
    I don't think the Crosman pumps were limited for the UK,i think they just produced around 11+ ft1b's in .22.I had two sent over from the states by someone who bought from an airgun shop out there,he did not state it was for the UK because they were quoted as under 12 ft1b anyway.Mine are in .177 and like you say very pointable and a joy to shoot,easily as enjoyable as a gun five times the value.