Thread: Pics from annual airgun collector show in Roanoke Virginia (USA)

Pics from annual airgun collector show in Roanoke Virginia (USA)

I wanted to share some links to the annual airgun show in the city of Roanoke Virginia:

Different forums had various pics. Enjoy!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...8/Roanoke+Pics.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...-+Live+at+noon

On the Vintage (collectable side):
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...om+Roanoke+%21

We have a Christmas exchange party too!
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...Exchange+Party

edbear2 Guest
    Thanks Chuck!.wish there had been something like that going on when I was over........although the gun show I went to was "interesting"

Yes, I heard you were in Indiana

We had about 200 people in the show at any point in time. It was held on Friday and Saturday. Saturday afternoon it began to empty out about 2:00pm.

There was a firearm show in the (much larger) hall above us on Saturday only. The parking lot was full!

Ah, an American (powder) gun shows. Gotta love it!

What did you like the most about the show you visited?
    Last edited by chuckjordan; 25-10-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: grammatical errors, arg!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckjordan View Post
    We had about 200 people in the show at any point in time. It was held on Friday and Saturday. Saturday afternoon it began to empty out about 2:00pm.

There was a firearm show in the (much larger) hall above us on Saturday only. The parking lot was full!

Ah, an American (powder) gun shows. Gotta love it!

What did you like the most about the show you visited?
    I went up to the tippecanoe fairgrounds in Lafayette......first you have to understand how strange it is to do any road trip in the USA for a lot of Brits....there are references to songs, films and a whole lot more everywhere in the names of places, the signs, buildings and cars etc. Its amazing how much American culture (good and bad) we absorb through various ways. In my case I have an old Harley (since 82) and an old martin guitar and play fingerstyle country blues and "old time" tunes......so I felt right at home

The things I liked..basically everything, from the universal warm welcoming rural feel of the state and the people (I've been to downtown in many US city's and know the difference)......and the amazing selection of stuff on display, every classic colt and s+w you could wish for, loads of ex GI "finds"..ie nambu's, arisakas..even a couple of ww1 lee enfields!......unfortunately, not many airguns, mostly Daisys and Crosmans........and universal ribbing about our gun laws from guys who simply could not comprehend how an air rifle suddenly becomes a firearm, with resulting legal implications, if it does a few FPS over the limit!...However, I had taken a couple of good photos of prewar BSA's, and although a lot of the guys had never seen on in the flesh, they saw at once the difference in quality to what they considered an air gun was....."Hot damn....that sure is a beauty....is it a muzzle loader?" was one reaction!...this show was maybe 40 -50 tables, but it had a better selection of guns than most army museums I have been to......I can't explain it any better really, only to say you guys will only understand if you came over here for a while

Anyway, may possibly be back in the new year, so will be planning new trips hopefully!.regards, Ed (and thanks again for the gun show links in my original thread)

If you're ever in Richmond VA, let me know

While Washington DC is only a 2 hr drive, it is a world away from Richmond!

I live in surburbia here Richmond, VA), the same across this country and most likely the same by you.

Only 40 tables? That's small! The one in the suburbs if DC has 200-250 tables!

If your ever in my neighborhood, look me up, I'll show you some southern hospitality. If you are in DC and happen to stay over on a weekend with an FT shoot (there is an FT club 30 miles outside DC), I'll supply you with an AG. If you're a lefty thats even better.

Cheers,

Chuck
    Last edited by chuckjordan; 26-10-2009 at 03:39 AM. Reason: add more clarity to my reply