Thread: Views on the New Webley Alecto

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Views on the New Webley Alecto

Hi Guy's and Gal's, those of you that were at the UBC meet on Saturday and had a go with the New Webley Alecto please leave your reviews here

At first glance it looks a bit like a cross between a HW40 and a Compact. On handling it I was surprised at the wieght, it was a little heavier than it looked, but when raising it up to take aim you realize it's actually a very nicely balanced pistol. The Grip is a little on the large side if you have small hands, though the shape and adjustable palm shelf did give me a nice fit.
    Now the important bit, what was the trigger like? All i can say is that it was fantastic, it felt very crisp and light and was a pleasure to use. the saftey catch was placed just in front of the trigger so it could be flicked off to fire very easily with your index finger. the multi pump worked well and if you over pumped, it would push excess out through an exhaust port. It had very good fully adjustable sights with a front post that could be pushed round to allow a higher post to pop up. The Alecto also has a top rail and a bottom accessory rail so you can fit all your scopes, red-dot, laser, torches etc. The Alecto was a joy to shoot straight out of the box, I can see this pistol getting even better once worn in with some lead down the barrel.

All in all this is a great Pistol that i think will become a great starter pistol for those wanting to get into Target Pistol Shooting. For those of us that just enjoy to shoot, you will love it. I will be ordering mine shortly.

Thank you to Webley for letting the Umarex Boys Club have the chance to try out the great little pistol.
    Last edited by cookie; 26-10-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.