Thread: Views on the New Webley Alecto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Alecto pistol again

Thanks for a good report, as a now weakened male it may! be what i need to keep shooting or possibly a tau7...mike... Nearly forgot congrats on Ur performance with a borrowed pistol in the PCP shoot
    Last edited by mickson; 25-10-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Short & sweet for me. Nice weight, not too light, well balanced. Silky smooth trigger, one stroke/pump a lot easier than my Gamo Compact. Build quality seems good. Whisper quiet on one stroke, easily good for 6yds. Great safety, very accurate.

Final verdict, I'm placing an order for mine tomorrow

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Another Short & Sweet reply I'll leave the indepth review with the people who can shoot

For me I liked the looks, build quality. The only thing for me is being a left hander I couldn't appreciate the grip properly. However I was still able to shoot it without it being too uncomfortable.

I'd be really interested in trying a dedicated Left Hand version.

Then having said that if Sinead or Sloan would want to have ago with my one they'd struggle. So will there be a Ambi grip Alecto?

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Sinistral Alecto

Hey Paddy
    Don't be a tightwad, get one of each.
    Ohhhh yeah I suggested to Brian that they should swirl some green and brown dye into the mix when moulding the casings so they don't need you to cammo them.

Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Stuck

Did the Webley man get them both back? Only one seemed to keep getting stuck in TargetBunny's inside pocket all day
    They NEVER got stuck. In fact the rapid cross draw was the reason for the Laura Croft's Garandad comment.

Mind you, I was getting a bit worried about that Brian. He frisked me so often I was expecting him to ask for a date.
    Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

I heard from Brian at Webley today. They are chuffed at the feedback that has been given after our trial with the Alecto at the weekend.

Clare
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Great, does that mean that all those that participated on Saturday will get a discount on a new Alecto?

Well, look how much market research they got in one day, must have saved themselves a fortune, even though poor old Brian probably had to give up the rest of his weekend to dry out those four rifles.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it