Thread: Views on the New Webley Alecto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't have an HW40 to compare with Jim, so can't say on that but from memory there is a reasonable amount of room inside the top housing so it should be possible to add some weight inside if necessary to get more at the muzzle.
    I found that the muzzle flip was noticeable at full power (three pumps) but was almost non-existent on low power (one pump).
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Jim I've not shot a HW40 recently enough to compare. If I was forced to take a guess I'd say the Alecto was a little heavier than the 40.

Yes the flip was noticeable on two pumps but I noticed a little even on one. It's not a criticism though. Maybe it's the way I hold them but every air pistol I have ever shot moves on firing. The deadest I have shot is the LP10 but even that, with it's rear moving compensator weight and ported barrel, still moves a bit.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends

Both calibres

I've ordered mine today from Dave at Whittlesey Gun Shop. He called Webley while I was there and confirmed it would be delivered in about two weeks. Interestingly he also has a .22 model coming as well, thought the .22 wasn't going to be available until the New Year?

I'll report back when I have it.

God, isn't two weeks an awful long time No patience me.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    I've ordered mine today from Dave at Whittlesey Gun Shop. He called Webley while I was there and confirmed it would be delivered in about two weeks. Interestingly he also has a .22 model coming as well, thought the .22 wasn't going to be available until the New Year?

Jealous

*wanders off sulking*
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Alecto pistol

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post

Went to my rfd today re Alecto he did'nt have a clue so i gave it up as a bad job
    hope U get Urs soon...mike...

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    If the .22 pumps up near the limit as well, it should be a good can blaster.

If anyone is still in any doubt about how good this pistol is, don't be. Just buy one - you won't regret it. It's as ugly as sin but sits in the hand well, is superbly balanced and the trigger is waaaay superior to the Gamo Compact - even after fettling.

This is a very capable gun. I shot a 6yd card with it and was well in the black both single and double-handed on both targets. I can't tell you what I scored because Brian snaffled my card to take back to show Webley!

The stippled polymer grips are very comfortable and feel similar to the surface of the CP99, although it fits the hand much better than the Umarex and the palm shelf is adjustable.

I'll be chopping my Compact in for one. I could keep the Compact, but I would'nt shoot it while I had the Alecto - it really is that good.

Stand by for a surge of second hand Gamo Compacts in the sales section once the Alecto hits the shops, I can see mine heading that way.
    Jef

Talking Alecto pistol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    If anyone is still in any doubt about how good this pistol is, don't be. Just buy one - you won't regret it. It's as ugly as sin but sits in the hand well, is superbly balanced and the trigger is waaaay superior to the Gamo Compact - even after fettling.

This is a very capable gun. I shot a 6yd card with it and was well in the black both single and double-handed on both targets. I can't tell you what I scored because Brian snaffled my card to take back to show Webley!

The stippled polymer grips are very comfortable and feel similar to the surface of the CP99, although it fits the hand much better than the Umarex and the palm shelf is adjustable.

I'll be chopping my Compact in for one. I could keep the Compact, but I would'nt shoot it while I had the Alecto - it really is that good.
    I heard it was Paddy's score card...mike...

Paddy's card? don't be daft...

I shot a 6yd card with it and was well in the black both single and double-handed on both targets.
    ...can't possibly have been Paddy's
    Jef

... and the trigger is waaaay superior to the Gamo Compact - even after fettling.
    Not sure I totally agree with that. Granted the Alecto has a very good trigger straight out of the box (assuming that the ones we had on test hadn't been tweaked) but after three different mods to my Compact trigger, that too is now very good, not much to choose between them.
    Jef

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Went to my rfd today re Alecto he did'nt have a clue so i gave it up as a bad job
    Ehhhhhh, What this Gary not clued up at walkers?

Surely some mistake mind you its not got theoben or rapid stamped on it

Exclamation Clued UP

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Ehhhhhh, What this Gary not clued up at walkers?

Surely some mistake mind you its not got theoben or rapid stamped on it
    Got to be fair it was'nt Walkers, ...mike...

Got to be fair it was'nt Walkers, ...mike...
    Ah my bad Just putting your location and local RFD together and coming up with 5 Doh!!!

I have emailed Webley asking if they can send me a list of all the RFD's who are going to stock the Alecto so that I can post it on here. If you phone the number on their website and press option 4 you get to speak to a lovely lady who will be able to tell you whether or not any of your local RFD's are on their list.
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto