After having time to think, to read all the other people's thoughts and re-read my own review, I think my review was very straightforward and factual but did not give a true impression how much I like this pistol. IMHO it is the best all-round air pistol you can buy at the price point.

In my review was a little critical of the trigger and I do hope that it can be adjusted to a nice crisp second stage let-off. However thinking back to shooting the snooker target with it, I got into a rhythm with it very quickly and from then on I could mentally put the pellet exactly where I wanted it (well, almost!). After half a dozen shots the trigger break did not impinge on my mind at all. This sort of instinctive shooting is what you strive for, especially with pistols.

I'd love to see what it could do with a decent red dot at longer range, rested and freehand. I think the forward mounting rail might stretch the eye relief of a pistol scope a bit, especially if you're a gibbon, but a nice panoramic dot would be great. It's already a winner but if it can group tightly at long range on 2 and 3 pumps then that would be the icing on the cake.

I too thought the twin release catches a bit fiddly. Not sure why there couldn't be a single thumb release button like on the HW75 or Gamo. And if only it looked a bit less like a Desert Eagle, had a blued steel body and a stippled wooden grip, and the weaver rail went all the way back, it would be perfection! But as it is, it's still pretty damn good.

I would be tempted to drill a 6mm hole in the rear of the plastic top section, in line with the barrel. The overlever HWs have a gap at the back which allows you to look down through the barrel and gives easy access for pull-throughs or cleaning rods. This would be easy to do and would be a very useful feature.