Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Views on the New Webley Alecto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    hi guy's and gal's, those of you that were at the ubc meet on saturday and had a go with the new webley alecto please leave your reviews here :d

at first glance it looks a bit like a cross between a hw40 and a compact. On handling it i was surprised at the wieght, it was a little heavier than it looked, but when raising it up to take aim you realize it's actually a very nicely balanced pistol. The grip is a little on the large side if you have small hands, though the shape and adjustable palm shelf did give me a nice fit.:d
    now the important bit, what was the trigger like? All i can say is that it was fantastic, it felt very crisp and light and was a pleasure to use. The saftey catch was placed just in front of the trigger so it could be flicked off to fire very easily with your index finger. The multi pump worked well and if you over pumped, it would push excess out through an exhaust port. It had very good fully adjustable sights with a front post that could be pushed round to allow a higher post to pop up. The alecto also has a top rail and a bottom accessory rail so you can fit all your scopes, red-dot, laser, torches etc. The alecto was a joy to shoot straight out of the box, i can see this pistol getting even better once worn in with some lead down the barrel.

All in all this is a great pistol that i think will become a great starter pistol for those wanting to get into target pistol shooting. For those of us that just enjoy to shoot, you will love it. I will be ordering mine shortly.:d

thank you to webley for letting the umarex boys club have the chance to try out the great little pistol.
    the pistol is over priced you are much better off with weirrauch hw40

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    my only criticism is the grip isnt big enough
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

I find the trigger a bit creepy on mine, it's ok, but the trigger on my 26 year old Original 6 is much better! When I get chance (and build up the courage) I'm gonna have a butchers and see if it can't be improved upon...

Quote Originally Posted by airgun308 View Post
    the pistol is over priced you are much better off with weirrauch hw40
    Why???

I have both and would like to know your reasoning behind your statement.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Thumbs up Alecto

I don't own 1, but have noticed various competitions not just ubc, where they are shooting the crap out of hw 40 pistols, and ssp's, i am happy with my current clutch of pistols, but the ALECTO will be my next purchase i'm sure!!
    ...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I don't own 1, but have noticed various competitions not just ubc, where they are shooting the crap out of hw 40 pistols, and ssp's, i am happy with my current clutch of pistols, but the ALECTO will be my next purchase i'm sure!!
    ...mike...
    If you clamp an HW40, to eliminate the shooter's skill from the equation, you can practically get each shot through the same hole at 10m, so how much better than that can an Alecto perform?

I just ran a 10 shot string through my HW40 and the variation was 2fps overall!!!

The Turkish manufacturers of the Alecto are not really comparable to Weihrauch are they? Sure they may indeed turn out to be comparable, in a few more decades!

Until they do, there'll always be a justified question mark over their reliability, and future support, which considering they're pitting themselves against the likes of Weihrauch, you'd think a firm with any sense might try to market its reliability... Assuming it's even there to market?

You buy a Weihrauch today, and you have peace of mind that you'll always be able to get your hands on spares, and parts. Not to mention it's proven reliability.

imo, you can't really ignore good engineering and reliability when rating any kit, and Zoraki still have a lot to prove.
    Weihrauch HW40 (.177), Weihrauch HW45 (.22), Weihrauch HW45 Silver Star (.177)

Speaking as a long-term big Weihrauch fan (see sig!), I still think the Alecto is a better all-round pistol than the HW40. The HW40 has a better trigger and is cheaper, but the Alecto has the higher power option and (for me) a much better fitting grip. If you're interested in longer range shooting as I am, the power you get on two pumps - not really that much hassle to put in - is the killer app.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by shammo View Post
    If you clamp an HW40, to eliminate the shooter's skill from the equation, you can practically get each shot through the same hole at 10m, so how much better than that can an Alecto perform?
    The reason is the same one that dictates that no one uses 6ft/lb target rifles for FT/HFT - the longer the pellet stays in the air the more effect wind has.
    Plus faster pellet equals flatter trajectory, again better for variable distance targets - less hold over/under required.
    For indoor shooting with fixed size & distance targets the requirements change,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Exclamation Alecto !!

I just ran a 10 shot string through my HW40 and the variation was 2fps overall!!!

The Turkish manufacturers of the Alecto are not really comparable to Weihrauch are they? Sure they may indeed turn out to be comparable, in a few more decades!

Until they do, there'll always be a justified question mark over their reliability, and future support, which considering they're pitting themselves against the likes of Weihrauch, you'd think a firm with any sense might try to market its reliability... Assuming it's even there to market? Why not prove your pistol by shooting it in the UBC comp against Alecto's & other ssp pistols...mike...

You buy a Weihrauch today, and you have peace of mind that you'll always be able to get your hands on spares, and parts. Not to mention it's proven reliability.

imo, you can't really ignore good engineering and reliability when rating any kit, and Zoraki still have a lot to prove.
    Why not prove your point by shooting in the UBC comp against the Alecto's & other ssp pistols...mike...

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick

Until they do, there'll always be a justified question mark over their reliability, and future support, which considering they're pitting themselves against the likes of Weihrauch, you'd think a firm with any sense might try to market its reliability... Assuming it's even there to market?

Invite to Alecto owners or a straight HW40 good- Alecto let's knock it?
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    my only criticism is the grip isnt big enough
    Agreed, I don't exactly have sausage fingers but the grip squashes my hand together a little.