Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Views on the New Webley Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    How hard/easy is it to cock for 1 stroke?...mike...
    I think Clare is getting the HW40 and 45 mixed up, yes she did need help with the 45 on saturday, but clare has shot my HW40 and had problems closing it, but on single stroke with the Alecto she had no problems at all and even managed 2 strokes as she has already said.

3 strokes on this pistol does take a little effort, if you have ever caught your palm with a HW40 you will know how much it hurts, you wouldn't want this to happen after 3 pumps on the Alecto

Again I really think Webley are onto a winner with this pistol, it really does tick all the boxes.
    Last edited by cookie; 26-10-2009 at 10:29 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Thumbs up Alecto pistol

Lots of helpfull reports on the new pistol i think its a "winner", i need to find a
    light effortless pistol to continue shooting & it sounds the best of the ssp's &
    its a good price, although in my personal circumstances a TAU7 or something
    similar might be even better if I can find 1, atb to all...mike...

I spent quite a bit of the down time between the six yarders playing with this pistol on Saturday. First impression was it was a bit too plasticky and the twin release catches were too fiddly.
    However, you soon get the knack of opening it and it becomes instinctive.
    The plastic? Well to be fair it ought to be called polymer, plastic is what airfix kits are made from, this stuff is streets ahead of that and very well engineered to boot. Its what the gun is made from and it does its job, well.
    Cocking effort on one stroke I would say is less than the Gamo compact. Two strokes significantly more but not to too difficult. Three strokes requires quite a bit of effort but it's not likely to be a serious problem as I can't envisage a need for repetitive shooting at full power, in pistol HFT you presumably get some breathing space as you change target.
    The trigger. Well all that I can say is that once I'd pulled it a couple of times to gauge travel and pressure it didn't then feature in my thoughts for the rest of the day, what more can you say, at this price point it's superb.
    There will be an Alecto in my collection, just don't know when.
    Did the Webley man get them both back? Only one seemed to keep getting stuck in TargetBunny's inside pocket all day
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Alecto

This looks ideal for our Silhouette Pistol comps (10/15/20/25 metres). I'll check out the Airgun Centre on Sunday and see if they've got one in stock.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Anyone know how much it weighs?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim

It felt slightly light to me, the reasons I think were unconscious and that (a) it felt lighter than you'd expect for the size (thickness of the body, chunky grips etc) and (b) it felt light compared to my HW75 which is all metal and wood. It also felt slightly muzzle light, and the power on the higher settings led to noticeable muzzle flip. Mounting a red dot would help a lot with that.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Sinistral Alecto

Hey Paddy
    Don't be a tightwad, get one of each.
    Ohhhh yeah I suggested to Brian that they should swirl some green and brown dye into the mix when moulding the casings so they don't need you to cammo them.

Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Stuck

Did the Webley man get them both back? Only one seemed to keep getting stuck in TargetBunny's inside pocket all day
    They NEVER got stuck. In fact the rapid cross draw was the reason for the Laura Croft's Garandad comment.

Mind you, I was getting a bit worried about that Brian. He frisked me so often I was expecting him to ask for a date.
    Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

I heard from Brian at Webley today. They are chuffed at the feedback that has been given after our trial with the Alecto at the weekend.

Clare
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Great, does that mean that all those that participated on Saturday will get a discount on a new Alecto?

Well, look how much market research they got in one day, must have saved themselves a fortune, even though poor old Brian probably had to give up the rest of his weekend to dry out those four rifles.
    Jef

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Great, does that mean that all those that participated on Saturday will get a discount on a new Alecto?

Well, look how much market research they got in one day, must have saved themselves a fortune, even though poor old Brian probably had to give up the rest of his weekend to dry out those four rifles.
    I wish

I am trying to flog some stuff so that I can buy one now rather than wait until my bonus beginning of December

Clare
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Hi Jim

It felt slightly light to me, the reasons I think were unconscious and that (a) it felt lighter than you'd expect for the size (thickness of the body, chunky grips etc) and (b) it felt light compared to my HW75 which is all metal and wood. It also felt slightly muzzle light, and the power on the higher settings led to noticeable muzzle flip. Mounting a red dot would help a lot with that.
    Hmmm....I prefer pistols a bit on the heavy side, especially muzzle heavy. Adam, how would you say that it compares with the HW 40 in these respects?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I don't have an HW40 to compare with Jim, so can't say on that but from memory there is a reasonable amount of room inside the top housing so it should be possible to add some weight inside if necessary to get more at the muzzle.
    I found that the muzzle flip was noticeable at full power (three pumps) but was almost non-existent on low power (one pump).
    Jef

Jim I've not shot a HW40 recently enough to compare. If I was forced to take a guess I'd say the Alecto was a little heavier than the 40.

Yes the flip was noticeable on two pumps but I noticed a little even on one. It's not a criticism though. Maybe it's the way I hold them but every air pistol I have ever shot moves on firing. The deadest I have shot is the LP10 but even that, with it's rear moving compensator weight and ported barrel, still moves a bit.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends

Both calibres

I've ordered mine today from Dave at Whittlesey Gun Shop. He called Webley while I was there and confirmed it would be delivered in about two weeks. Interestingly he also has a .22 model coming as well, thought the .22 wasn't going to be available until the New Year?

I'll report back when I have it.

God, isn't two weeks an awful long time No patience me.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it