Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Views on the New Webley Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    I've ordered mine today from Dave at Whittlesey Gun Shop. He called Webley while I was there and confirmed it would be delivered in about two weeks. Interestingly he also has a .22 model coming as well, thought the .22 wasn't going to be available until the New Year?

I'll report back when I have it.

God, isn't two weeks an awful long time No patience me.
    Jealous

*wanders off sulking*
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Alecto pistol

I've ordered mine today from Dave at Whittlesey Gun Shop. He called Webley while I was there and confirmed it would be delivered in about two weeks. Interestingly he also has a .22 model coming as well, thought the .22 wasn't going to be available until the New Year?

I'll report back when I have it.

God, isn't two weeks an awful long time No patience me.
    Went to my rfd today re Alecto he did'nt have a clue so i gave it up as a bad job
    hope U get Urs soon...mike...

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    If the .22 pumps up near the limit as well, it should be a good can blaster.

If anyone is still in any doubt about how good this pistol is, don't be. Just buy one - you won't regret it. It's as ugly as sin but sits in the hand well, is superbly balanced and the trigger is waaaay superior to the Gamo Compact - even after fettling.

This is a very capable gun. I shot a 6yd card with it and was well in the black both single and double-handed on both targets. I can't tell you what I scored because Brian snaffled my card to take back to show Webley!

The stippled polymer grips are very comfortable and feel similar to the surface of the CP99, although it fits the hand much better than the Umarex and the palm shelf is adjustable.

I'll be chopping my Compact in for one. I could keep the Compact, but I would'nt shoot it while I had the Alecto - it really is that good.

Stand by for a surge of second hand Gamo Compacts in the sales section once the Alecto hits the shops, I can see mine heading that way.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Talking Alecto pistol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    If anyone is still in any doubt about how good this pistol is, don't be. Just buy one - you won't regret it. It's as ugly as sin but sits in the hand well, is superbly balanced and the trigger is waaaay superior to the Gamo Compact - even after fettling.

This is a very capable gun. I shot a 6yd card with it and was well in the black both single and double-handed on both targets. I can't tell you what I scored because Brian snaffled my card to take back to show Webley!

The stippled polymer grips are very comfortable and feel similar to the surface of the CP99, although it fits the hand much better than the Umarex and the palm shelf is adjustable.

I'll be chopping my Compact in for one. I could keep the Compact, but I would'nt shoot it while I had the Alecto - it really is that good.
    I heard it was Paddy's score card...mike...

Paddy's card? don't be daft...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I shot a 6yd card with it and was well in the black both single and double-handed on both targets.
    ...can't possibly have been Paddy's
    Jef

Talking Cough

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Paddy's card? don't be daft...

...can't possibly have been Paddy's
    How much did mike pay you to say that,sniff,sniff I smell Bull...mike...

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Stand by for a surge of second hand Gamo Compacts in the sales section once the Alecto hits the shops, I can see mine heading that way.
    Yeah, saw that coming so mine's gone already.

Mind you, two whole weeks to wait

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    How much did mike pay you to say that,sniff,sniff I smell Bull...mike...
    Jef

Wink Compacts

Yeah, saw that coming so mine's gone already.

Mind you, two whole weeks to wait

Paul
    Perhaps I'll set up in business buying up used compacts as the
    Boys can't shoot them...mike... roll up, roll up buying cheap compacts

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I like the Alecto and will be buying one but I will not be getting rid of my Compact just yet, it depends how you fettle a compact how good the trigger gets, it can get really good, clean and crisp with a lovely 1st stage and zero 2nd stage creep.
    If anyone's selling a Compact cheap I'd be interested in another for a project
    Regards,
    Nick

Talking AaargH

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I like the Alecto and will be buying one but I will not be getting rid of my Compact just yet, it depends how you fettle a compact how good the trigger gets, it can get really good, clean and crisp with a lovely 1st stage and zero 2nd stage creep.
    If anyone's selling a Compact cheap I'd be interested in another for a project
    Regards,
    Nick
    Oi nick U trying to ruin my business, I know how good the compact can be, but don't tell every body, i was going to make a killing...mike

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    Oi nick U trying to ruin my business, I know how good the compact can be, but don't tell every body, i was going to make a killing...mike
    You Buy 'Em, I'll do the major engineering, you do the rest & we split the proceeds?

Nic

Wink SPLIT NaaAH

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    You Buy 'Em, I'll do the major engineering, you do the rest & we split the proceeds?

Nic
    I've been engineering for 40 yrs, & tweaking airguns for 25, not looking for an apprentice Nick, play with Ur Skif thats a good project. PS
    U can tweak compacts without all that spanish engineering!!...mike...