Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Views on the New Webley Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I heard it was Paddy's score card...mike...
    Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Paddy's card? don't be daft...

...can't possibly have been Paddy's

ok ok ha ha ha

I didn't get chance to shoot the pistol at the 6yd targets, so it definetley wasn't me
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    ... and the trigger is waaaay superior to the Gamo Compact - even after fettling.
    Not sure I totally agree with that. Granted the Alecto has a very good trigger straight out of the box (assuming that the ones we had on test hadn't been tweaked) but after three different mods to my Compact trigger, that too is now very good, not much to choose between them.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Wink Alecto pistol

No Paddy I reckon U did a better score card @ 10 mtrs, but your just being modest...mike...

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    I've been engineering for 40 yrs, & tweaking airguns for 25, not looking for an apprentice Nick, play with Ur Skif thats a good project. PS
    U can tweak compacts without all that spanish engineering!!...mike...
    Mike,
    It's English engineering, I looked at what had been done & improved & refined it
    You've not tried the trigger on my Compact yet, you'd be surprised!

BTW I owe you some work or something so if there's anything I can sort out for you let me know. I just got a big lump of nice Canadian Maple so if you get a suitable pistol but need anatomical grips give me a shout,
    Regards
    Nick

Wink Alecto pistol

No worries Nick just enjoying the mickey taking, saw Ur pics in ubc site not bad "for a lad", might take U up on the woodwork 1 day can do it,
    but don't enjoy it...mike...

Garry is online now I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    The Alecto is a good pistol, but I still prefer my Compact. I can alter the wooden grip to suit me, and the trigger on mine is very predictable, whereas the Alecto is smooth, but too creepy for my taste. I'd prefer not to have a safety on a target pistol as well.

On the Compact you can alter the width of the rear sight, which is the 1st thing I looked for on the Alecto.

I think the Compact looks like a proper target pistol, and they're easy to take apart as well.

When I saw the Alecto I thought it might kill off the Compact, which I think would be a shame. I do think Gamo need to drop the price of the Compact if they are to stay on the market.

If you don't need the money, I'd hang onto your Compacts as I think they are designed for different purposes.

Well said Garry, I was looking for a reason to hang on to the Compact.
    I'll guess the Alecto will have to be an additional gun then when I can save the necessary funds. May take a while as THIS arrived earlier this week courtesy of Eddiekneejerk. Cheers Ed

NB Ed's picture
    Last edited by jefL; 29-10-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: grammar
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    My RFD's getting the Alecto in soon so I may be tempted.
    I was having a close look at it at the weekend and I think those grips might come off leaving the option of hand fitted anatomical wood grips
    Oh Yes!
    Nick

Talking 1911

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Well said Garry, I was looking for a reason to hang on to the Compact.
    I'll guess the Alecto will have to be an additional gun then when I can save the necessary funds. May take a while as THIS arrived earlier this week courtesy of Eddiekneejerk. Cheers Ed

NB Ed's picture
    tasty my favourite Umarex "the BEST"...mike...

I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

I want to buy an Alecto pistol, so I rang Dowlings, the nearest gunshop to where I live only to be told in a very snooty voice 'we dont stock Webleys'.
    So where can I buy/order one of these pistols, can they be sent by courier ?

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    I would contact Webley and ask them where your nearest stockist is. In answer to you other question, you can't have them sent by courier anymore. Only way is to have it delivered to your nearest, agreeable, RFD.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

I have spoken to a lovely lady at Webley who says that the local RFD are unlikely to have them until 3rd week of November.
    I am a Lady
    AA S200 Mk3, Walther CP99, Soon to own a Webley Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by Evans Above View Post
    I want to buy an Alecto pistol, so I rang Dowlings, the nearest gunshop to where I live only to be told in a very snooty voice 'we dont stock Webleys'.
    So where can I buy/order one of these pistols, can they be sent by courier ?
    The last time i was in there they didn't stock anything, it's a shame it used to be a really good shop.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebral Chasm View Post
    I have spoken to a lovely lady at Webley who says that the local RFD are unlikely to have them until 3rd week of November.
    I am so glad that I cannot afford one right now, otherwise I would be pulling my hair out

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "