Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Views on the New Webley Alecto

It's a very nice gun and I may have one one day but looking at my collection I've realised I need to have less of a magpie mentality, and concentrate on fewer items, but ones that really suit my needs. The Alecto does many things well but I already have pistols in those niches.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Angry Return to sender

In reply to whoever it was asked, I regret to say that the "Webley man" DID get the pistols back and the only fun I had was helping him prise the "Prototype carbine" from Tony's warm and extremely tenacious hand.

Yes I still want one but "She who Must Be Obeyed" is against "More guns" and I will not sell any of my current collection.

Target Bunny.
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Well, I shot ratgunners Alecto on Saturday after my trigger went tech on my own HW "silver Star". It was then that I realised just what a disadvantage I was at in the HFT comp with my HW45 against these new guns

I just got home with mine half an hour ago. Unfortunately my Hawke Red dot doesn't fit the top rail so I will need to find out which red dot has a wide enough clamp to fit this gun. Alternatively, I suppose a laser dot fitted on the bottom rail would be an option but I'm not sure how these would perform at 20m on a bright summers day at the HFT range.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Hi,
    If you want to use a laser in the day, then the green lasers are the way to go, rather than the red (or so I am lead to believe).
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I heard yesterday that there are curently no Alecto's in stock at Webley and the price has gone up .

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post

I just got home with mine half an hour ago. Unfortunately my Hawke Red dot doesn't fit the top rail so I will need to find out which red dot has a wide enough clamp to fit this gun. Alternatively, I suppose a laser dot fitted on the bottom rail would be an option but I'm not sure how these would perform at 20m on a bright summers day at the HFT range.
    Speak to Col at Manchester Airguns or send him a PM on here - col@mag. He mentioned when I picked mine up that pistol scopes and red dots are completely do-able on the Alecto, he can no doubt point you in the right direction as to model choice.

Tony & Mike, Thanks chaps I will look further into Green lasers and also e-mail Col and see what he suggests.

All the best
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Hey Bob, check out my posts on this thread for info on fitting a red dot. To be honest though, I never use it with the red dot, it doesn't seem to give any advantage over the open sights! I reckon a pistol scope would suit it better!

http://www.airgun-tec.com/index.php/topic,807.45.html

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    Hey Bob, check out my posts on this thread for info on fitting a red dot. To be honest though, I never use it with the red dot, it doesn't seem to give any advantage over the open sights! I reckon a pistol scope would suit it better!

http://www.airgun-tec.com/index.php/topic,807.45.html
    That's a great review and a very interesting thread mate, thanks for the link.

I have ordered a green laser from Midwest Uk which should fit the bottom rail, I'm just waiting for it to be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    hi guy's and gal's, those of you that were at the ubc meet on saturday and had a go with the new webley alecto please leave your reviews here :d

at first glance it looks a bit like a cross between a hw40 and a compact. On handling it i was surprised at the wieght, it was a little heavier than it looked, but when raising it up to take aim you realize it's actually a very nicely balanced pistol. The grip is a little on the large side if you have small hands, though the shape and adjustable palm shelf did give me a nice fit.:d
    now the important bit, what was the trigger like? All i can say is that it was fantastic, it felt very crisp and light and was a pleasure to use. The saftey catch was placed just in front of the trigger so it could be flicked off to fire very easily with your index finger. The multi pump worked well and if you over pumped, it would push excess out through an exhaust port. It had very good fully adjustable sights with a front post that could be pushed round to allow a higher post to pop up. The alecto also has a top rail and a bottom accessory rail so you can fit all your scopes, red-dot, laser, torches etc. The alecto was a joy to shoot straight out of the box, i can see this pistol getting even better once worn in with some lead down the barrel.

All in all this is a great pistol that i think will become a great starter pistol for those wanting to get into target pistol shooting. For those of us that just enjoy to shoot, you will love it. I will be ordering mine shortly.:d

thank you to webley for letting the umarex boys club have the chance to try out the great little pistol.
    the pistol is over priced you are much better off with weirrauch hw40

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    my only criticism is the grip isnt big enough
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

I find the trigger a bit creepy on mine, it's ok, but the trigger on my 26 year old Original 6 is much better! When I get chance (and build up the courage) I'm gonna have a butchers and see if it can't be improved upon...

Quote Originally Posted by cinstone View Post
    I heard yesterday that there are curently no Alecto's in stock at Webley and the price has gone up .

Chris.
    ah well, that's all I needed to hear to decide one way or the other. Price Increase?! that's ridiculous. just shows how troubled webley must be to break a cardinal rule of new product launches. personally, I've always been put off the alecto as it just looks, and feels cheaply made. sorry all the alecto fans out there, just my opinion when compared to the hw40.
    Weihrauch HW40 (.177), Weihrauch HW45 (.22), Weihrauch HW45 Silver Star (.177)

You could try importing a Zoraki HP-01 direct from Turkey maybe... They coct less over there anyway.

Having recently returned to the fold I have been out and about looking at various offerings. I liked the feel of the Alecto and could get used to the looks (not immediately to my taste) but really dont like plasitic and would worry about its long term longevity. Just my two penneth worth!