Thread: Starting from scratch - whats my shopping list?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Effigy View Post
    I've put down for a .44 revolver and .45/.451 rifle, but I'm going to ask the FEO if I can change that to .577/.58, when he comes for his visit.
    Check with the range(s) where you intend to shoot them. Some ranges limit calibre/muzzle energy. My local range won't allow any BP over .50.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

You also need a box to store the black powder in, needs to be an approved design.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    Check with the range(s) where you intend to shoot them. Some ranges limit calibre/muzzle energy. My local range won't allow any BP over .50.
    The other guys shoot .58 so it must be ok I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    You also need a box to store the black powder in, needs to be an approved design.
    I thought that only applied to 'gun powder' and not Pyrodex or one of the other substitutes?
    Frank

I thought that only applied to 'gun powder' and not Pyrodex or one of the other substitutes?
    Correct - the revised storage rules apply to "real" black powder.

The substitutes (pyrodex, Triple 7) need no special storage, nor an explosives licence.

Probably so, but I have seen certain club people flouting range limits & rules they ought to know about. (No names).

Quote Originally Posted by John Bedford View Post
    Correct - the revised storage rules apply to "real" black powder.

The substitutes (pyrodex, Triple 7) need no special storage, nor an explosives licence.
    As the man in Orthopedic shoes said "I stand corrected". I knew the licence wasn't needed, but thought the box was. Thanks for clearing it up.