Thread: .38spl LBR.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.38spl LBR.

Many months ago my mate and work colleague sent his Ruger .44 to Alan Westlake to be turned into the above.

Well, he got it back at the weekend, having driven to Alan's place in Sailsbury to pick it up.

He asked me to post some pictures of it.
    The pictures are just about okay, because the thing is almost too long for the frame. The egg is for scale.

I look forward to firing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

very nice

The only thing that I would change, Chris, would be the counterweight. I would make it heavier, or even into a wrist-brace.

The pistol feels a bit too front heavy for me. This is personal preference, so nothing to subtract from the gun itself.

My mate's very pleased with it. He'll be up the range tonight showing it off!
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Hows the counterweight held on? I got a rod conversion and counter weight done by SYSS on my 45acp. The weight is held on with a grub screw. I got my mate to make a few diffrent weights to try. Mabe your mate could do something like that?

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480.../373684570.jpg

I think it's screwed onto the bar, mate. He seems happy enough with it as it is, but I think an ounce or two more would make all the difference.

I'll find out tomorrow if it worked well for him. He's bound to tell me all about it!

I'll also show him this thread.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    if its anything like my Ruger then extra weight anywhere isnt soemthing you really want
    Gun control means using both hands.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Two very nice pistols pictured.

How exactly do you hold and brace an LBR against your body when you shoot it?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone