Thread: .38spl LBR.

.38spl LBR.

Many months ago my mate and work colleague sent his Ruger .44 to Alan Westlake to be turned into the above.

Well, he got it back at the weekend, having driven to Alan's place in Sailsbury to pick it up.

He asked me to post some pictures of it.
    The pictures are just about okay, because the thing is almost too long for the frame. The egg is for scale.

I look forward to firing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

very nice

The only thing that I would change, Chris, would be the counterweight. I would make it heavier, or even into a wrist-brace.

The pistol feels a bit too front heavy for me. This is personal preference, so nothing to subtract from the gun itself.

My mate's very pleased with it. He'll be up the range tonight showing it off!
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Hows the counterweight held on? I got a rod conversion and counter weight done by SYSS on my 45acp. The weight is held on with a grub screw. I got my mate to make a few diffrent weights to try. Mabe your mate could do something like that?

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480.../373684570.jpg

I think it's screwed onto the bar, mate. He seems happy enough with it as it is, but I think an ounce or two more would make all the difference.

I'll find out tomorrow if it worked well for him. He's bound to tell me all about it!

I'll also show him this thread.

urx is online now 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    if its anything like my Ruger then extra weight anywhere isnt soemthing you really want
    Gun control means using both hands.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Two very nice pistols pictured.

How exactly do you hold and brace an LBR against your body when you shoot it?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim,
    my .44 Magnum still has the brace. It basically curves round the arm. It isnt too bad but it can get in the way. That why I tried a rod conversion on my .45. It seems to work quite well and is easier to hold on target. This is what they look like as standard from the factory. The rod conversion is also alot better to fit into a case.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480.../376887848.jpg

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Yes, I can see how the rod would be more convenient. Looks nicer, too!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

What it really needs is a couple of mods so that you can tuck the brace into your shoulder and have a grip for your left hand beneath the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    What it really needs is a couple of mods so that you can tuck the brace into your shoulder and have a grip for your left hand beneath the barrel.
    Then it would become a carbine rifle mate. ie different class in PP1, Match 1500, Bianchi, EPP etc..

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    Its already been done by Taurus and Metaba. They look horrible with full stocks

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480.../373056321.jpg
    http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480.../352673051.jpg

I lied about the make of the LBR being a Ruger; it is actually a Pietta.

Still an LBR I believe. From what I have been explained the stock comes off and its just a rod underneath so can be used as an LBR or rife.

Quote Originally Posted by Roodles View Post
    thanks for that, its kind of what I guessed.

I note that you don't like them, but i disagre, that would be welcome in my safe
    I guess they arnt too bad. Its just a bit of a mish mash. Meteba revolvers were auto loaders. The gasses were vented auto cocking the hammer and indexing the cylinder for the next shot. After the pistol ban someone must have thought it was a good idea to make them into LBR's. However to comply to the rules they no longer have the auto cocking on them. Plus any revolver that shoots from the bottom of the cylinder is wierd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateba_Autorevolver

However the Japanese like the Meteba revolver as it features in the anime program Trigun. The main character Vash the Stampede carries one