Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Co2 Target Pistol

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends

Co2 Target Pistol

Apart from the Rohm Twinmaster Action are there any other Co2 Target pistols available? I'll be wanting to use this for the UBC 6yd & 10mtr comps.

Any ideas of prices as well, new or used.

Thanks

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

There's quite a few. All the big names in 10M target shooting have made CO2 models. Steyr, Walther, Feinwerkbau, Anschutz etc are the big German/Austrian makers. There's also quite a few from Eastern Europe like Tau and Brno.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

and the Drulov Condor
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Any idea of prices?
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    There's quite a few. All the big names in 10M target shooting have made CO2 models. Steyr, Walther, Feinwerkbau, Anschutz etc are the big German/Austrian makers. There's also quite a few from Eastern Europe like Tau and Brno.
    Might be some time looking for an Anschutz CO2 air pistol - I don't think they've made one

and the decent makes such as TAU, BBRNO, Drulov start at around £150.
    CO2 was fairly short-lived as a serious propellant due to velocity fluctuations with temp.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Paul,
    Have you noticed the 6 yard rules now put CO2 Target pistols in the same category as PCP?
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Might be some time looking for an Anschutz CO2 air pistol - I don't think they've made one

and the decent makes such as TAU, BBRNO, Drulov start at around £150.
    CO2 was fairly short-lived as a serious propellant due to velocity fluctuations with temp.
    Hmmm I think the LP@ has a CO2 version. CO2 has been around as a serious propellant for 10M for many years and still very popular in parts of the world where dive shops are rare but pub/bar suppliers are more common. Velocity fluctuations are much less an issue with bulk fill. The world 10M record score was shot with a CO2 powered gun and stood for 20 years.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Hmmm I think the LP@ has a CO2 version.
    I stand corrected on this did'nt think there was a co2 version - might be a tad expensive just for UBC competitions tho.

CO2 has been around as a serious propellant for 10M for many years and still very popular in parts of the world where dive shops are rare but pub/bar suppliers are more common. Velocity fluctuations are much less an issue with bulk fill. The world 10M record score was shot with a CO2 powered gun and stood for 20 years.
    Maybe, but we're in the the UK and whilst I did'nt say it wsn't capable in the right conditions the original comment was correct

There are these
    http://www.johnforsey.co.uk/agwpisto...ov_target.html

All abs plastic outer frame, but for the price, and i remember reading good things about them some time ago.
    And a great make, have been meaning to get one myself for sometime.

Would be interested to hear how the trigger is if anyone has one.
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Paul,
    Have you noticed the 6 yard rules now put CO2 Target pistols in the same category as PCP?
    Regards,
    Nick
    Thanks Nick, that's thrown me again. If Co2 & PCP are in the same category would I be at a disadvantage using Co2? I don't use PCP at the moment, I also won't be getting involved with PCP riflles. I really don't want the extra expense of buying a pump or dive bottle as these can be as much as the cost of the pistol in the first place. Bit confused now

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    It's been done to keep the spirit of the competition.

If left as it was it would have meant I would be allowed to fit the CO2 kit to my Twinmaster and compete against the Umarex range of pistols in the CO2 category - not a fair fight really.

I chatted with Pantom Sniper about it on the way to or from the meet, turns out he'd raised exactly this issue with Paddy.

What you want is a long sight base with foresight and rearsight firmly attached to components of the gun which have as little movement relative to the barrel as possible.

I've obtained a couple of Millett S&W target rearsights intended for the full bore pistols (no plastic!) and will be fitting these to my Smiths along with custom foresights, I'm hoping to shoot more paper going forward and plan to go with the 8" smith for CO2 (my results at the meet with a hangover and no practice since the previous meet have spurred me on )

You could always get a set of custom wooden grips made up for a Smith, maybe with a palm shelf?

ATB,
    Nick

Fair comments Nick. What I am looking to do is have a dedicated pistol for each discipline, the Smith is for the Co2, I've got a .177 HW45 for the Springer and the Alecto, when it comes, for the SSP. So now I want something for the PCP/Co2. An Umarex just isn't going to cut it, too bl**dy heavy with an 8" barrel.

Bit of a dilema now.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    It's been done to keep the spirit of the competition.

If left as it was it would have meant I would be allowed to fit the CO2 kit to my Twinmaster and compete against the Umarex range of pistols in the CO2 category - not a fair fight really.

I chatted with Pantom Sniper about it on the way to or from the meet, turns out he'd raised exactly this issue with Paddy.

What you want is a long sight base with foresight and rearsight firmly attached to components of the gun which have as little movement relative to the barrel as possible.

I've obtained a couple of Millett S&W target rearsights intended for the full bore pistols (no plastic!) and will be fitting these to my Smiths along with custom foresights, I'm hoping to shoot more paper going forward and plan to go with the 8" smith for CO2 (my results at the meet with a hangover and no practice since the previous meet have spurred me on )

You could always get a set of custom wooden grips made up for a Smith, maybe with a palm shelf?

ATB,
    Nick
    so now you can use a steyr lp10 in the same cat as someone with a cp99

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    so now you can use a steyr lp10 in the same cat as someone with a cp99
    No you can't, Steyr don't make a Co2 model.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    No you can't, Steyr don't make a Co2 model.

Paul
    It says above co2's has been put in with pcp's