Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Co2 Target Pistol

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    It says above co2's has been put in with pcp's
    Not quite, it says target Co2 will be put in with PCP.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    Not quite, it says target Co2 will be put in with PCP.

Paul
    I see
    www.hwownersforum.freeforums.org

Have a look at the Crosman 2300T & 2300S. Before you scoff, both are available new, relatively cheap, and the S has a Walther Lothar barrel and a Williams peep sight ! Both shoot at just over 5ft lbs and the S has adjustable power, I think.

Thanks I'll take a look.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Hello!
    I reckon a BRNO B96, Tau 7 or Drulov Condor would be perfect!
    As it happens I have a Drulov Condor I could be persuaded to part with....
    Pm me if you're interested and we can work something out.
    Last edited by Eddiekneejerk; 30-10-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Wouldnt take a crosman, they're stíll cheap..Barrels arent always crowned right and I've seen several with bad sights (bent etc).
    Tau 7 is an excellent choice. My PR I shot with my Tau 7 Match; 352 points. And I'm shooting about 4mnts now.
    The morini 162 or Aeron or steyr LP5 havent matched this score yet..
    Steyr díd make CO2's before the pcp's. Their LP1/LP5 CO2 are júst as good as modern steyr pcp's. Of course Walther and FWB etc made match CO2's as well.
    Class better finished than Tau etc as well.
    Cause my Tau shoots VERY well, they dó tend to leak from new and their finish is mediocre.(as is the aeron spider's).
    Cant speak for the rohms but I can vote for the Tau 7.
    Dó take a Sport though, not a standard, and upgrade with a compensator.
    Lovely shooters!
    ATB,
    yana

Thumbs up 6YD Rules

I agree with the decision to put co2 target pistols with pcp pistols, remember
    we are talking club level , NOT Olympic std, @ club level many shooters do as well with a co2 target pistol as shooters do with a pcp some of our scores show this, indeed I would have gone 1 stage further & included recoiless
    spring Target pistols these have also matched pcp scores, I used to shoot
    recoiless spring & co2 target & at 6yds, I felt had an unfair advantage, so decide to keep them for the 10 mtr comp only. You do'nt feel good winning
    if you feel you had an unfair advantage. we must not forget the people who
    run the club are in an impossible posistion, they can't please everybody,
    (especially Me) you must admit folk shooting Umarex type pistols
    will under new rules be on a level playing field. good luck to all in the new season...mike...

It's really looking like the Rohm for me then. OK who's got one for sale?

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

No you can't, Steyr don't make a Co2 model.

Paul
    You could actually use a CO2 LP10. I don't know if they make CO2 cylinders for the current range (LP10, LP50 etc) but they did do the previous generation in CO2 (LP1, LP5 etc) and the cylinders are interchangeable.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I'm inclined to agree with Mickson that the PCP class should be more a recoilless target pistol class. I won the last season spring class with a FWB65 and it did feel a bit like cheating at times.
    I'm shooting spring class with my HW45 next season; both for a change, and to give it an airing.

Also the PCP class is a little undersubscribed, this would boost the numbers.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with Mickson that the PCP class should be more a recoilless target pistol class. I won the last season spring class with a FWB65 and it did feel a bit like cheating at times.
    I'm shooting spring class with my HW45 next season; both for a change, and to give it an airing.

Also the PCP class is a little undersubscribed, this would boost the numbers.
    If I read you right does that mean the SSP's would also fall under this class. If so we would lose a class in the comps, but could that make it more competitive? Also I would have one less pistol to find. Works for me, comments?

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

If I read you right does that mean the SSP's would also fall under this class. If so we would lose a class in the comps, but could that make it more competitive? Also I would have one less pistol to find. Works for me, comments?

Paul
    Hmmm. I haven't done a lot of thought about this, just occurred to me when I read his post that mickson had a point. In the SSPs I see the Compacts, HW75s, Daisy 717s etc as different to the serious target pistols. Possibly you might put SSP pistols like the FAS604 etc in the Match Pistol category as it's a high end dedicated target pistol. Can of worms though.

Take the Rohms for example. A Twinmaster Top should probably be in with the match pistols, but what about the Action or Trainer? The Action has the same basic action as the Top but comes with ambi grips rather than anatomical ones. But you could upgrade a CO2 Action with match grips and a PCP air cylinder and have something virtually the same as the Top. Most people would say that should therefore move into the match pistol section, but things can get complicated.

Thumbs up Can 'o' Worms

Regarding points by Adam77k how far do you go, looking @ season 3 even
    "ordinary" ssp's can produce great results in the right hands a number of scores into low & mid 90's, i think with the points we've all raised, in the end we just have to leave it to paddy & all the club organisers to come up with the best system they can & allow them to make changes as neccasary as the club & competitions grow & evolve, I think i've just started to realise what the guys are up against trying to run the club, whilst trying to keep the majority happy also. Thanks Fella's...mike...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    It's really looking like the Rohm for me then. OK who's got one for sale?

Paul
    From personal experience I wouldn't recommend the Trainer model...
    Looks the mutt's nuts but has a very uncomfortable grip, heavy with poor balance and there's far better triggers out there for less...

Hi

Just read this thread.

Yes it can become a can of worms this UBC regulating malarky

As we see it at the moment we are putting 'Target' style Co2 pistols into the PCP pistol category, thus opening up the Standard Co2 pistols. Which is fairer.

I've not looked too deeply into all types of pistols whether they should go into a match style category, as Mickson says (& thanks for your understanding ) we at the UBC gradually evolve & try and keep it interesting & fair.

As for SSP's I'd like to keep them as one category as there have a different amount of cocking effort than Co2s & PCPs. But I'm ready to be corrected

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK