Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Co2 Target Pistol

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi

As for SSP's I'd like to keep them as one category as there have a different amount of cocking effort than Co2s & PCPs. But I'm ready to be corrected

Regards
    Paddy.
    Oh Goody, that means I now have a "legitamate" reason to hunt down the elusive Rohm

Thanks Paddy

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    From personal experience I wouldn't recommend the Trainer model...
    Looks the mutt's nuts but has a very uncomfortable grip, heavy with poor balance and there's far better triggers out there for less...
    Thanks for the advice, I did wonder what they were like. So it's the Twinmaster Action model for me then.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Why not put the CO2's at pcp level at olympic level?
    The last worldrecord(2001??) airpistol man has been shot with a FWB CO2 pistol NOT pcp!.. And there already were several pcp's around back than..
    So that co2 isnt upto it at high levels is obviously cr@p talk, the above simply proves that..I cant understand some people thinking that CO2 is only good for clublevel. They shot Olympics with them those days so why shouldn't they be good enough for óur (high)competition levels??
    They're júst as accurate. and since we live in a moderate climate ánd we talk about matchguns, not crosmans, those CO2 pistols will be perfectly fine at our temperatures.
    Even the simple, cheap Tau 7, doesnt change ONE FPS in temperature ranging from 10 to 22degrees..(not tested beyond that).Probably staying stable even further or maybe shift few fps (not noticeable on card) beyond that. And those are quite cheapo pistols!..
    The ONLY serious downside of CO2 for us in europe/UK is balanceshift, not temperature.
    And maybe cost if you shoot much.
    ATB,
    yana

[QUOTE=Adam77K;3882013]Hmmm I think the LP@ has a CO2 version. CO2 has been around as a serious propellant for 10M for many years and still very popular in parts of the world where dive shops are rare but pub/bar suppliers are more common. Velocity fluctuations are much less an issue with bulk fill. The world 10M record score was shot with a CO2 powered gun and stood for 20 years.[/QUOTE]

Is still standing unless I'm mistaken.
    Wikipedia:_

World Record 593 Russia Sergei Pyzaianov Munich 1989

Nothing wrong with CO2! Regards velocity variations with temperature, you may notice a difference between summer and winter, but once you are zeroed for a session, you won't have any measurable change for that session (with a single shot gun that is). If you play at machine guns with a Umarex, the velocity will drop!

You'll save a lot of money if you go for a s/h CO2 ex-top-of-the-line model, simply because they are not the flavour of the month.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote from the Steyr website.

After 20 years air pistol world record
    of 593 rings set by a STEYR LP 1
    now a new world record at the ISSF World Cup
    in Changwon:

On the 12th April 2009, the Corean shooter

Jong Oh JIN

shoots an unbelievable result of

594 rings

with his STEYR LP 10 with ball bearing trigger!

Mark

now you can use a steyr lp10 in the same cat as someone with a cp99
    But it says in an above quote that PCP and CO2 TARGET pistols are merging, you can't call a CP99 a target pistol surely!!!??? The Cp99 is just not that accurate!

Re the doubt about buying a Co2 to compete against PCP, unless you are Olympic standard I just wouldn't worry! I own a Tau7, and only changed to mainly shooting PCP because of the grip and adjustability, and availability of free air at my club, not because I could outshoot the Tau. I also haven't found any variable power issues with the Tau (provided you put a new capsule in at the start of a 60 shot comp, so it doesn't run out!)

happy shopping
    Linnet
    Last edited by Linnet67; 03-11-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: wrong quote
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Wink Target pistols

No worries the important words are "TARGET PISTOLS" like Ur TAU7 (luv-em)include these with pcp, so your not shooting Ur cp99 against Tau7's. simples...mike...

I always wondered why they put match CO2 in same class as replica's etc. Not really fair. Ofcourse a CP99 isnt a matchpistol.
    Nothing wrong with the Tau 7, stíll hold mý record of 352 against the steyr LP5, morini and aeron! Lóve the little pistol. Some how I stíll shoot decent with the Tau even when I dont line up the sights perfectly. Weird, but its easier to shoot consistantly than the morini. For mé.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Have a look at the Crosman 2300T & 2300S. Before you scoff, both are available new, relatively cheap, and the S has a Walther Lothar barrel and a Williams peep sight ! Both shoot at just over 5ft lbs and the S has adjustable power, I think.
    The Williams sight is an open notch rear sight and not a Peep sight. The 2300S is a very accurate pistol and provides around 35 shots before fall off on a 12gramme CO2 cartridge. It does have the barrel line rather high above the hand and the grip needs to have more 'body' for my normal size hand. The trigger is hellish until some work is done on it to polish up the mechanism, fit a shoe and take up free play. Then with a lightened sear spring the trigger is reasonable. Like other Crosman guns the quality out of the box is poor but lends itself to much improvement. I have never measured my 2300S at more then 4.3 fp.
    IanR
    Daystate MK4 S .177 ~ Steyr LP2 ~ Brno Tau-7

Thumbs up Tau7

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I always wondered why they put match CO2 in same class as replica's etc. Not really fair. Ofcourse a CP99 isnt a matchpistol.
    Nothing wrong with the Tau 7, stíll hold mý record of 352 against the steyr LP5, morini and aeron! Lóve the little pistol. Some how I stíll shoot decent with the Tau even when I dont line up the sights perfectly. Weird, but its easier to shoot consistantly than the morini. For mé.
    Fully agree super pistol, just does the job every time...mike...

Got myself sorted I bought a very nice looking Tau7 with case and all the bits & bobs.

Well chuffed

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Congrats with yr Tau 7! Very good choice! What type Tau 7 is it? Surely yr gonna make us jealous with pics?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by nyamazan View Post
    HOW do you get those wonderful toys?
    Just lucky I guess

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Congrats with yr Tau 7! Very good choice! What type Tau 7 is it? Surely yr gonna make us jealous with pics?
    Not sure, thought there was only one I'll post up loads of lovely pics when I get it.

Thanks for the congrats.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi

Just read this thread.

Yes it can become a can of worms this UBC regulating malarky

As we see it at the moment we are putting 'Target' style Co2 pistols into the PCP pistol category, thus opening up the Standard Co2 pistols. Which is fairer.

I've not looked too deeply into all types of pistols whether they should go into a match style category, as Mickson says (& thanks for your understanding ) we at the UBC gradually evolve & try and keep it interesting & fair.

As for SSP's I'd like to keep them as one category as there have a different amount of cocking effort than Co2s & PCPs. But I'm ready to be corrected

Regards
    Paddy.
    I think this is only fair for the Non Co2 Target pistols, so the Co2 target pistols that will be in the PCP class will be the likes of:

Tau 7, Drulov Condor, Walther CMP-1, Walther CP2, Steyr LP5 Co2, Alfa Proj Sport Co2, Feinwerkbau c55, Aeron Brno B96, Rohm Twinmaster thats all i have off the top of my head but you get the idea.

The Co2 Classs will now be the like of:

Umarex Beretta 92fs, CP99, CP88, Colt 1911, S&W 586/686, Dersert Eagle, PX4, Anics Skiff, Anics Beretta A9000s, Crosman 1088, Crosman T4, Sig Sauer, Sheridan EB, Crosman 2240/1740, Gamo R-77,P-23, P-80, Daisy Powerline 088, 15XT you get the picture.

it will be great to have some new blood in the PCP Class, and see how the Co2 class now opens up now the field is more level.

Happy Shooting

Jason

Nice buy with the Tau Paul, Good luck in the comps.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.