Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Co2 Target Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I think this is only fair for the Non Co2 Target pistols, so the Co2 target pistols that will be in the PCP class will be the likes of:

Tau 7, Drulov Condor, Walther CMP-1, Walther CP2, Steyr LP5 Co2, Alfa Proj Sport Co2, Feinwerkbau c55, Aeron Brno B96, Rohm Twinmaster thats all i have off the top of my head but you get the idea.

The Co2 Classs will now be the like of:

Umarex Beretta 92fs, CP99, CP88, Colt 1911, S&W 586/686, Dersert Eagle, PX4, Anics Skiff, Anics Beretta A9000s, Crosman 1088, Crosman T4, Sig Sauer, Sheridan EB, Crosman 2240/1740, Gamo R-77,P-23, P-80, Daisy Powerline 088, 15XT you get the picture.

it will be great to have some new blood in the PCP Class, and see how the Co2 class now opens up now the field is more level.

Happy Shooting

Jason

Nice buy with the Tau Paul, Good luck in the comps.

Cheers Jason.

Our new 6yd Season starts the weekend I shall copy & paste Jasons quote on the inital 6yd comp thread with a link to the new rules.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I think this is only fair for the Non Co2 Target pistols, so the Co2 target pistols that will be in the PCP class will be the likes of:

Tau 7, Drulov Condor, Walther CMP-1, Walther CP2, Steyr LP5 Co2, Alfa Proj Sport Co2, Feinwerkbau c55, Aeron Brno B96, Rohm Twinmaster thats all i have off the top of my head but you get the idea.

Umarex Beretta 92fs, CP99, CP88, Colt 1911, S&W 586/686, Dersert Eagle, PX4, Anics Skiff, Anics Beretta A9000s, Crosman 1088, Crosman T4, Sig Sauer, Sheridan EB, Crosman 2240/1740, Gamo R-77,P-23, P-80, Daisy Powerline 088, 15XT you get the picture.

it will be great to have some new blood in the PCP Class, and see how the Co2 class now opens up now the field is more level.
    Now you just need to find a home for the FWB 65's, 80's, 90's & Diana/Original model 6's, 10's........

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Now you just need to find a home for the FWB 65's, 80's, 90's & Diana/Original model 6's, 10's........
    They can stay in the Springer Class for the mean time It's hard for the Competition Managers to keep the classes fair without running to many competitions. There may be a time when we just have a Target Pistol Class, but even then it would be unfair to the SSP & Springer users. As time goes by we will make changes to keep it fair, but i think we have had enough for the moment.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    You can get carried away with too many classes.

I think my Crosman 2300S falls in between the co2 and PCP categories, but I'm happy to be in with the PCP's.

My PX4 recoils like mad, and it's less accurate than my Webley Seniors, but it'll have to be in with the S&W co2 pistols.

What about the Alecto's muzzle flip when you all get one?

Right can of worms this is

Thumbs up Very fair

Happy Shooting

Jason

Nice buy with the Tau Paul, Good luck in the comps.
    sounds very fair to me atb...mike...

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    You can get carried away with too many classes.

What about the Alecto's muzzle flip when you all get one?

Right can of worms this is
    The Alecto has less muzzle flip with one pump than a HW40 so it's all good as far as i can see.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Come on guys & gals, let's get behind this. Jason's right, we can make this too complicated and we will all lose out. The main idea behind the UBC is FUN. Let's try and keep it that way. If we want to get all serious then let's go join a 10mtr club.

I joined this club to have fun and I'll defend my right to have some.

OK I'm ready for the flaming

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

I'm right behind you there Paul (with a fire extinguisher), Jason is right to keep it simple.

Someone has to make the rules and, whatever they are, there will always be someone who wants something changed. Cookie founded the UBC and it's only right that, after considering such views as are posted, that he makes the final decision (someone has to). No-one is being held prisoner here, if the rules don't suit someone they are free to go elsewhere.

I think I am right in saying that part of the reason for founding the UBC was to have fun, and bitching about the rules doesn't seem like fun to me.

As Paul says, if you want to get serious, and are really that competitive that 'unfair advantage' hovers on your lips, go join a serious club.

Just like to add that I am not aiming this comment at any individual(s) on this forum.
    Shoot safe and have FUN.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Co2 pistol

Just to return to the thread!, i've recently got a eb17 pistol shoots well & fits
    in the new rules ok, .mike.

Tau7 - Quality Pistol

My Tau7 arrived today, what a lovely pistol. I have multiple muzzle weights, an adjustable rear weight, a multiple adjustable trigger, I'm in "Fiddle Heaven".

This one is a keeper

I'll post pics in the next few days.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Thanks for your support Guy's, Fun it is and Fun it will stay.

You can't flame a man whose right

Have Fun with you new toy's guy's and good luck in the competitions.

Happy Shooting

[QUOTE=cookie;3892240]I think this is only fair for the Non Co2 Target pistols, so the Co2 target pistols that will be in the PCP class will be the likes of:

Happy Shooting

Jason
    QUOTE]

As a Tau7 owner, i have to say I've always felt at an advantage shooting in a general CO2 category. i feel my CP99 is a toy in comparison. I have only moved on to PCP as my main gun because the air is free and the weight & grip of the LP200 better FOR ME. The Tau 7 will still outshoot me any day of the week.

I think having a target pistol category rather than specifically PCP is a great idea.
    Linnet67
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    My Tau7 arrived today, what a lovely pistol. I have multiple muzzle weights, an adjustable rear weight, a multiple adjustable trigger, I'm in "Fiddle Heaven".

This one is a keeper

I'll post pics in the next few days.

Paul
    Paul,
    Happy shooting. You won't regret your purchase.

I have a tip for you. In fact 2!

1) Our sponsors cheapes CO2 capsules work perfectly in this pistol.

2) After loading you pellet, and closing the chamber, makesure you pull back on the 2 knobs (no jokes please) on the chamber cover. Make this a habit!!
    Forget and watch your O rings ping out never to be seen again or get sore knees trying to find em!! (I learnt fast!!)

best wishes Linnet67
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

Oh No, I don't believe it! I tried the Tau again today, but over an extended period, and again the grip is giving me grief. I've mentioned before that I have hands the size of coal shovels but this one came up for sale and I thought I could live with it. No Go, so it's up for sale. I'll wait until I can get my hands on a Rohm Action that has a "normal" grip.

Watch this space, again.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Quote Originally Posted by Linnet67 View Post
    Paul,
    Happy shooting. You won't regret your purchase.

I have a tip for you. In fact 2!

1) Our sponsors cheapes CO2 capsules work perfectly in this pistol.

2) After loading you pellet, and closing the chamber, makesure you pull back on the 2 knobs (no jokes please) on the chamber cover. Make this a habit!!
    Forget and watch your O rings ping out never to be seen again or get sore knees trying to find em!! (I learnt fast!!)

best wishes Linnet67
    Thanks for the wishes, but it's got to go

Shouldn't really have been tempted so easily. Must be more patient.

ATB

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55