Thread: BSA Airsporter

BSA Airsporter

Hi chaps finally an old family Airsporter that I used to plink with has come my way, I have no real interest in it nowadays and it may as well go to someone that would appreciate it more,the proceeds going towards my latest project.

SO whats it worth, its in fair condition, all there with the number GF777 just in front of the trigger guard.

Can anyone date it and offer a guestimate as to a suitable asking price?

Thanks SD.

Quote Originally Posted by sundowner View Post
    Hi chaps finally an old family Airsporter that I used to plink with has come my way, I have no real interest in it nowadays and it may as well go to someone that would appreciate it more,the proceeds going towards my latest project.

SO whats it worth, its in fair condition, all there with the number GF777 just in front of the trigger guard.

Can anyone date it and offer a guestimate as to a suitable asking price?

Thanks SD.
    Not sure of the price but it's a Mk2 Airsporter, 1967-68.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Cool

Hi SD

a couple of pics would be of immense help with a valuation, due to the age of these rifles condition can be from anything from a basket case to absolutely mint
    price will be very dependant upon condition...

regards, john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Not sure of the price but it's a Mk2 Airsporter, 1967-68.
    almost certain I was using this before 1968, I was into girls then lol,have an idea 1965 ish when I borrowed it fairly often.

Rgds SD

almost certain I was using this before 1968, I was into girls then lol,have an idea 1965 ish when I borrowed it fairly often.

Rgds SD
    Maybe you were using it in '68 and were just thinking about girls at the time?

I'm going by the index in John Knibbs's book on post-WW2 BSAs, The Golden Century. His dates could be wrong I suppose.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Maybe you were using it in '68 and were just thinking about girls at the time?

I'm going by the index in John Knibbs's book on post-WW2 BSAs, The Golden Century. His dates could be wrong I suppose.
    You are most probably right, but it wasnt new when I was using it, which would be a mystery. Also I was still at scool and you cant forget THAT lol.

Cheers SD.

Hi according to Hillers guide Garvin is correct.
    Its a Mk.11 in .22 from mid 1967 to June 1968...
    Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    Hi according to Hillers guide Garvin is correct.
    Its a Mk.11 in .22 from mid 1967 to June 1968...
    Dave...
    Excellent thanks thats two sources that date it and suggest losing my marbles lol.

Info much appreciated, can anyone offer a guide price from middling to fair condition.... roughly?

Rgds SD.

Excellent thanks thats two sources that date it and suggest losing my marbles lol.

Info much appreciated, can anyone offer a guide price from middling to fair condition.... roughly?

Rgds SD.
    Difficult without pics - 150 to 200?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

SD

are you sure the serial# is correct, it could be a mk1 with just a G prefix and four digits, this would date it back to between 1948/54..

does the rifle have a folding rearsight? this is peculiar to mk2's, if it's an all metal, non-fold down sight then it's a mk1...

regards, john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    SD

are you sure the serial# is correct, it could be a mk1 with just a G prefix and four digits, this would date it back to between 1948/54..

does the rifle have a folding rearsight? this is peculiar to mk2's, if it's an all metal, non-fold down sight then it's a mk1...

regards, john
    Hi John yes it has a folding rear sight, number is deffo GF777 etched just in front of the trigger guard.
    I am impressed with the valuation, this more than I had imagined. I had thought maybe £100 tops.
    Thanks for your help chaps, just need a buyer now- will try to get some pics up.
    Rgds SD.

If you want to sell it you must start a new thread - otherwise you'll find yourself with a BBS holiday.

Don't forget that the valuation I gave was just a guesstimate based on your desciption. Its basically worth what someone will pay for it at the time.

I would suggest that you put it on for the higher figure and see what offers you get. If it doesn't sell, you can then gradually reduce the price as you need until you either sell it or decide you don't want to go cheaper.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.