Thread: Webley Premier A series

Webley Premier A series

I am trying to get hold of a Webley Premier A series 1964 which I believe was only made in .177. Can anybody help?

Ormicron

Webley Premier

According to Hiller's book and a Webley spares leaflet, the lettering on the LH side of the gun only commenced in January 1965 although production started in 1964. The only difference between the "A" and the "B" seems to be the piston seal, leather on the earliest models. The frames were the same so I would have thought that the barrels were interchangeable since they certainly are interchangeable on the later "D" and "E" series.

Hiller shows a pic of a "B" series and estimates production between 1966 and 1970...so plenty of room for doubt!

I would think that "A" markings are rare and may be desirable to an avid collector. Personally I prefer the Premier Mark 2 as a shooter.

Mike95

I have a .177 minty A Series, which I rate very highly. The one Premier that has so far evaded me is the pre A Series. I.e. 4 pin trigger action and no code letter on the left side. Some Webley experts doubt their existance and believe none were produced. Be interesting to see if one turns up.
    Regards,
    John

Premier A series

We may all find something out here.I have been asked by the family of the design engineer who created the Premier my uniting the best bits of the Senior and the Mk1 to find him a nice Premier as a birthday present. I am sure he would be happy with an A series and I know he hated the sintered bits put on the later ones, I think a bit of questioning could elicit the truth of the existance of any pre A series models. He was given the project of drawing up the pistol when he was an apprentice the management thought that much of it they put it into production.

Ormicron