Thread: Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x40mm Long Range

Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x40mm Long Range

Anyone know what the side PA focus's down to? (I assume that the 4.5-14x40 will be the same???).
    TIA.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Ask Leupold on their tech email addy. www.leupold.com

I doubt it will be good enough for airgun FT though. I imagine you will have to use a 50ft adaptor.

Mark
    My karma ran over your dogma

Leupold site says:

Specially designed to see the details necessary for accurate shots on small targets, be they as close as 10 meters or out beyond the 1000 yard line, the VX-III 6.5-20x40mm EFR Target scope is an excellent choice for target shooters and varmint hunters alike. The specially designed adjustable objective allows for close focusing to as near as 10 meters. Ideal for air rifle and .22 rimfire target shooters as well as small varminters.

Mark, I have done and awaiting their reply with baited breathe.
    Pod, the EFR is a different scope.
    Rgds,
    Dave.

Oops Sorry! Must pay more attention. Big hat with a D on.

No worries Dunce, err Pod.
    I spoke with D&R who informed me that the scope PA's from 6 or 7 metres, so I placed an order for the 6.5 version, in the meantime I've had a reply from Leupold who state the scopes minimum PA is 75yds, hence my order has been canceled.
    Rgds,
    Dave.

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Dave

Speak to Premier Reticules in the US - if it doesnt come down far enough they will re-adjust the pa for the range you require - always had a very good response from them, and their prices are competitive too

ATB

LeeH
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

BobFrog Guest
    I thought Leopold did a screw on lens for the front of some of their scopes to reduce minimum focusing distance ?

Of course, number of yards marked on PA adjust will be wrong, but at least you would be able to focus close in.

Hope I'm not going mad.

Cheers

BobFrog

Nope, you are right bob, but generall the 50 ft adaptor only really helps when focusing down from 17 or so yards.

LeeH

submariner Guest
    Just got my Custom 'Tactical Illuminated 8.5-25x50' from Premier. Most Leups are min 75 yards.

Mine is technically set from 20 yards to 42 yards but actually focuses in reality from 17 .5 yards to 50 yards.
    The problem one has is once you are sub 25 yards to gain one extra yards closer you lose 13 off the top.
    Quote Premier:-
    'Before we checked if set at 15 yards minimum the maximum is 25ys.
    55y maximum might give you 21 yards on the bottom end.'

The close focus adapter is a nasty affair - super glued glass into a cut off lens cap adapter! Don't think i'll put that on mine. But alledgedly does 16.6yards to 19 yards.
    Therefore I would have got a gap between 19 yards and 20 yards - but mine seems to span more than it should.

Originally posted by submariner

The close focus adapter is a nasty affair - super glued glass into a cut off lens cap adapter! Don't think i'll put that on mine. But alledgedly does 16.6yards to 19 yards.
    Therefore I would have got a gap between 19 yards and 20 yards - but mine seems to span more than it should. [/B]
    Mine does look nasty in a nice, custom made polished alloy ring, fitted nicely into a butler creek;-)

LeeH

submariner Guest
    Davros

If it really looks good, where did you get it from?

Can I get the old lens out etc.

Darren Petts Guest
    Close focus adapter.

I've got to wonder at the point of buying the worlds best optics and then making it look through a ten bob bit of glass

Joe le taxi Guest
    If you want a Leupold for your air rifle, get one of the EFR's, they focus down to 10 metres. Most of the rest for designed for centerfire rifles.

The Leupold catalogue tells you the parallax ranges for all their scopes. You can order this catalogue for free on www.gmk.co.uk