Thread: History of Kynoch/eley/ici

edbear2 Guest

History of Kynoch/eley/ici

An interesting story.......O.K., so it is not airgun specific, but if you are trying to date pellet tins etc., there is some good info on company name changes in amongst this little piece of arms history.......

http://www.staffshomeguard.co.uk/KOt...nKynochV2A.htm

Thanks for that Ed. It is interesting to read the full story of the company. Kynoch rifle club now shoot at the range Sutton Coldfield R&PC range having lost their own range when the Witton site was redeveloped. They still have a strong link with Eley at Witton. I asked someone at Eley why they stopped making pellets. His view seemed to be that the pellets had become more of a distracting sideline than an asset and they decided to just focus on .22LR ammo and shotgun ammo. It does seem strange to have done that at a time when airgun shooting seems increasingly popular. Wasp was always a good utility pellet.

Thanks for this.
    I worked as a summer student at IMI for two summers in the late 1960's ... most likely 1967/68, cycling there every day from home in Kingstanding. Saturday work was a bonus on overtime. I still remember how great I felt the day I received just over £20 for a week's work.
    If I remember correctly, most of my time was spent measuring and inspecting titanium billets that were going off to make Concord.
    Cheers, Phil