Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Omega .22

Webley Omega .22

Well it's been a month or so now since project Omega got underway.

Rifle was fully stripped, bead blasted and professionally re blacked.
    All new internals fitted, re lubed and sat back in its new/ old factory stock.

Cheers to Gareth WB for the deal on the starting rifle and new stock.

Now settled down to 11.8 Ft/Lbs on H&N FTT's and very consistant, in fact it's almost German in its smoothness and repeatability

For how much are these worth now. Having got this far is it a case of bringing it out for a pop now and then, a tuck away curio or are there many people still using them on a regular basis??
    Last edited by slowcoach; 07-08-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi John, it looks superb. Can I have it back now ??? Am down to two Omegas only at present, and don't like it . Ha ha. You have done a truly superb job there mate, and am so glad it went to you to restore (God knows, you were on at me for long enough to find an Omega for you, so was the least I could do ). Hee hee. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

That is just a lovely rifle gentleman. Congratulations John. Smiling at happy memories of my Omega (full length) acquired in '85 when I was just a lad! I can remember that magazine review very clearly, I lost my airgunning heart to the Omega, would love another!

Cheers chaps, always wanted one but there never seemed to be enough pound notes left over back when they were new to obtain one. As Gareth said I was forever bending his ear and asking him to keep an eye out for one. He came up with the goods that a little TLC soon put right. So much character these rifles of the era and still whacks the pellets out with very good accuracy and power on the limit.
    ATB John

i've just bought one from a bloke at work, almost perfect apart from some slight rust and minor pitting on the barrell. has 3 foresight elements and the original tag but no manual.

question please - how much for the strip and re-black? and where can you get that stuff done?

cheers in advance.

MMMM M Omegaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Really nice looking gun there.
    I remember in the early 80s having a Webley Victor and thinking I was the bees knees. My mate had a Vulcan and then turned up with an Omega. We were all blew away. Back then and being young it had the same effect as turning up with a Porsche 911!
    An Omega. wow! what a piece of kit!! . Joking aside, it`s still a seriously good looking gun and easily holds it own in the looks dept.
    They have the fuel and planes to fly Cake over the Atlantic Ocean.

Hi, I have a L/H mint condition Omega stock if you where after a L/H.

Carl

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyces View Post

Carl
    .... Carl.

I'd run a valuation thread for that with photos if I were you, then if you wish to sell it, run an advert based on the price recommended, as imo, it could be worth a few quid (just my two pennyworth ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Cheers chap, righty handy here but that sounds rare. Thought I'd found the holy grail with a packet called 'Omega rear sight blanking plate' recently. ( As fitted in the pics) LH stock sounds a real find.

As a side note the Omega was taken out on its 1st field trip today up the cattle barns and put 2 magpies, 1 crow and 2 wood pidgeon in the bag around the feeding troughs. I've done worse with the 12 bore

Just a quick update. Put a request out in the wanted section of the BBS for an Omega front sight assembly (some chance I thought!!) and arrived today courtesy of a very generous BBS member styggron (Hugh) a complete foresight unit complete with its three elements.

Absolutely free, he would not even accept postage costs. What a good egg

I am very gratefull, the rifle is now complete as can be after 20 odd years of hard use, abuse and subsequent rebuild.

Many thanks Hugh, when the weather improves I'll pop an iron sight test target up in the thread.

One very happy chappy.

Happy Christmas all

looks very nice mate ,well done

Looks to be a very good resto job. A mate has a mint one of these and i have tried it several times but just cant get on with it, ( cant hit anything ). Its more than likely me just not used to it. I remember buying a brand new Tracker in the 80s and i couldnt hit anything with that either lol, so i took it back and part exed it for a sharp ace which i still have.

Thumbs up

That looks one hell of a nice bit of kit. Credit to a job well done ....

Quote Originally Posted by Boyces View Post

Carl
    OH NO!!

Looks like shop prices will be going up now they have found this site. No more FWB Sports for £130.00.