Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Omega .22

Well finally got round to an open sight session after the aforementioned generosity of BBS member styggron. Many thanks once again.

15 yards on irons. 1st target to zero then second target 6 shots. Bottled it after that as fingers were getting cold and didn't want to ruin a promising group!!
    Cheers all and a Happy New Year!
    Last edited by slowcoach; 07-08-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Must say that the Omega is a beautiful rifle even in standard form.

Why doesn't the Turkish factory make them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Must say that the Omega is a beautiful rifle even in standard form.

Why doesn't the Turkish factory make them?
    It regretfully seems the new owners of Webley prefer to rebadge someone else's product rather than make their own to Webley's high standards.
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
    Well finally got round to an open sight session after the aforementioned generosity of BBS member styggron.
    Hi John. Superb matey, absolutely superb. I know that of late, I have been saying that in .177, the Longbow is equal to the Omega on accuracy and consistency, but in .22, imho, the Omega romps home every time ... Glad you are enjoying it therefore my friend, as it is always good to see one of my old rifles being enjoyed to the max by its new owner (now when can I have it back ). Ha ha. Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 03-01-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: house keeping.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Cheers Gareth, it's certainly got the grin factor and it may seem funny but over all the years of airgunning the Omega has that hard to quantify 'feel' that the shot will be a good one once the trigger is slipped.
    There have not been many that fit the bill in that respect, for me, those that have usually sport the HW logo..

Cheers all, John

After reading this and other posts I bought a used not abused LH .22 Omega for £120.
    It is a real pleasure to shoot and a keeper. Well posted chaps!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    After reading this and other posts I bought a used not abused LH .22 Omega for £120.
    It is a real pleasure to shoot and a keeper. Well posted chaps!
    ... Uh, one twenty ??? You lucky, jammy B'st@rd . Ha ha. Nice one matey, and glad you are enjoying it (quality will out ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thought it was cheap!!!