Thread: Bsa Scorpion pistol

Bsa Scorpion pistol

Hi just a quick hello as this is my first post.I had a Bsa Scorpion as a boy and have been lucky to find a mk2 this week in very nice complete condition so just had to buy it as a bit of a project.The chap in the shop said the Scorpion is now a very collectable pistol not having anything to do with air pistols for 20 years just wondered how true this is.I also have a Webley Nemesis which was a impluse buy at the same time.

I love Scorpions, the first airgun I ever shot in my life was a Scorpion belonging to my Uncle Les, he later left this gun to me in his will, I'll never part with it. I own two now. People think the HW45 is more powerful, not in my experience! I refurbished a Scorpion for somebody, new spring, piston head, breech seal, plus my favourite lubricants, the first few shots were chronographed at 5.94 ft/lbs! It settled down to 5.7 ft/lbs pretty soon as it ran in, but it was consistent and sweet to shoot at that power. A classic airt pistol.

Nemesis pistols are great too, accurate and reliable, the triggers improve with use. I own two Nemesis pistols too! I think in the future the Nemesis will be more appreciated and will be collectible, if it isn't already!

All the best

Rob

Thanks for that.I think the Scorpion is very nice it was one thing in the late 80's i regret selling and always promised myself i would have another.I only spotted this one as i went with a friend to collect his Crossman 1300 and joked on the way that if there was a Scorpion there i would have it .The Nemesis was sat next to it and just looked like a nice pistol.I was thinking of passing it on to my Brother but i have found little about on the net so was thinking the same as you and going to hang on to it.I would like to track down a mk8 scope for the Scorpion.