Thread: wood grip junior question

wood grip junior question

hi all,ive got a wood grip junior here #j2400.Thing is it has a short barrel on it+not the longer one that these early pistols it seems came with.Can anyone tell me if this is definitely a replacement? condition wise it matches the gun perfectly with exactly the same patina,thanks in advance

The barrel should extend by approximately 1/2" beyond the cylinder on both the 'Wood Grip' and 'Tin Grip' models.
    The later Juniors had a much shorter barrel extending by about 1/8".

Junior Barrel Length

On Juniors up until the late 1930's the barrel length was 6.5", after which it was reduced to 6.25".

Is it possible that yours was dropped or otherwise damaged and then had a section neatly sawn off the end?

Does yours have an adjustable rear sight blade, and is it marked Birmingham and London?

Atb. Robin

Wood grip Junior

I was hoping that this was a thread from someone selling one of these. No such luck, but if anyone has one to sell, I would be very interested. My apologies if it looks as though this is a hijack, but needs must.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

yes birmingham and london mark and adjustable rear sight.the barrel hasnt been neatly cut down and the catch end is undamadged so i dont think that end had the fatal blow if the barrel has been changed.i have a barrel that is correct if it is the case that it should have the longer one,just wanted to be sure as the gun all looks correct and unmollested.

It was not uncommon for the barrel at the link, and at the hinge to become fractured, I have seen both.
    My guess is that your pistol has had a barrel change for a later version, as the rest of it sounds completely correct.

Yours must be one of the last with the "London" mark.