Thread: What mount ? NS Sniper 6-24x42 on Rapid MkII

BobFrog Guest

What mount ? NS Sniper 6-24x42 on Rapid MkII

As subject. Recommneds for a one piece mount for this scope on a Rapid MkII that still the scope t be moved to exactly where you want it and still allow the magazine to be loaded without snagging on the PA wheel ?

Thanks in advance

BobFrog

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    You would need to fit a dovetail conversion rail to the rapid to enable this to be done.

Bob, have you got the Sniper? If so, any chance you can weigh it please, pretty please?
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

sneaky beaky Guest
    i don't see why you would need a one piece mount... as the theo mount is bolted to the gun! if you fitted a dovetail (£50) and a one piece (for a decent one, also £50)... there is the very minor (but still possible) chance that, if the scope gets knocked... p.o.i will change...

BobFrog Guest
    Originally posted by Davestate
    Bob, have you got the Sniper? If so, any chance you can weigh it please, pretty please?
    Dave,

My scales aren't very accurate but with lens covers I make it approx. 690 grams which is about 24.5 ounces (I hope).

sneaky beaky

Only reason I wanted a one piece is because I have one on my Falcon and that nevers looses zero, whereas on my Rapid with the Hawke scope I currently have fitted it uses two seperate mount rings and losses zero at the slightest knock. You wouldn't happen to have any better ideas ?

Cheers

BobFrog

Cheers Bob.
    'Keef' on here, as in Keith of XB&M can make dovetail blocks which are approx 2.5mm high, they are recessed and bolt on top of the block and are held in place via the original rapid mount holes, then fit any dovetail mounts you like. He also does a dovetail rail with a cut out for the mag.
    A search will bring up his website and there maybe pics on there.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.