Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Gunner poor show at the show

Air Gunner poor show at the show

I am discusted at the treatment we where given at the stand of Air Gunner in the midland show i took my lad over for what i thought was going to be a good chat it started by me saying hello to this chap,(dont no his name)i dont get involved to heavy with who publishes the mag.he said hello then i seen the subscription add on the side of the tent then i said `i dont no why i dont subscribe because i buy the mags every mounth ,then i saw the glee in his eye ,he said `well do it then ,ok then i will but lets have this mounths mag on the house Oo no i cant do that he said nor could he give my lad a poxy badge so i said i will leave it then and walked off .All the free mags and litriture that where given out that weekend by people and he could not give me just one free bee in nearly 22 years of buying them well they can stuff it from now on .very poor show Air Gunner and i think you have gone a long way in persuading my lad the same way

Gary C Guest
    Eukaneuba gave you a bag of dog food ? Barbour gave you a free jacket ?

I am assuming that Landrover gave you a free car to take away all the freebies in ?

mags (as in magazine) literature as in info hey not asking for much please read thread and dont interprete it your way

Middle of the country, but slowly being converted
    I don't know if it was you - but I was there when, In all fairness to Nigel, he dealt with a bloke who asked for the current issue after taking out a subscription as a freebie.

in other words he tried it on to get an extra free (current) issue after having a decent saving of 6 issues for under a tenner - fair play - you don't get if you don't ask.
    But the same guy then flounced off like a floozy when this was refused with not even a thanks. Come on guys - politeness costs nothing after all.

At no time was a badge asked for - indeed all weekend we were giving badges away without being asked.

So, if not having a badge is your problem - send me a SAE and i'll personally post you one.
    Dave

it was not me as i did not take out a subscription as you said in your thread

who are you then Dave T are you someone who has something to do with the mag?

its Dave Tucker, does the tucker test.

plus deputy editor, I believe

RochdaleLad Guest

Think about it, mate

Talking

So, if not having a badge is your problem - send me a SAE and i'll personally post you one.

Can I have a free badge to? Huh? Huh? They're dead good them. Gawn mister, be a sport, you can afford it etc.

The badge every one keeps refering to is or was a small temptations for the young ones of our sport to get some how involved in for my youngest son aged 9 i do take it they where for the young ones and not the older ones but there is no shame in having one after all i do have lots of old wagbi bagdes that tempted me when i was going to this shows 30 years ago

draftsmann Guest
    <yawn> Grow up.

Seriously, one thing that REALLY gets on my tits is people trying to get something for nothing. I suppose if you really must ask then do so, but to go on to make a song and dance publicly when you don't get what you want really does make you look rather petty. And cheap.

Adrian

Disgusted?

You tried it on (Nothing wrong with that) got a knock back and that disgusted you?

You can not be serious. Grow up for goodness sake

Darn it Adrian beat me again
    "The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please"
    Lt. Col. Tim Collins, commander of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Irish

Oh and I joined in April 2002 eleven years a member now

hey ill grow up i take it all back then YES this thread has gone out of control ill subscribe next week .O and to the publishers of the mag i do appolagize whole hartedly on this forum if i have said anything out of place

Manks Guest

Good man

It takes a man to admit he's wrong and apologise. Good on you fella.

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Fair do's tbh