Thread: Bsa meteor rear sight

Bsa meteor rear sight

I am looking for a rear sight to fit my lads BSA meteor, it`s an early model and the rear sight is made of plastic and held onto the small barrel mounted lug by way of a small metal pin!! i have looked every where but cannot find one!!!! Can anybody please help!!!

try john knibbs
    failing that i may be breaking several meteors shortly
    rgds scirroco

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Try IJ--- he bought a fair few sights off here and may have one. Otherwise its Chambers or Nibbs afraid.
    Sorry I cant help with the early pin type BSA rear sight. The ones I got were all of the later screw down type. Good luck with your search.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Readingcop View Post
    I am looking for a rear sight to fit my lads BSA meteor, it`s an early model and the rear sight is made of plastic and held onto the small barrel mounted lug by way of a small metal pin!! i have looked every where but cannot find one!!!! Can anybody please help!!!
    pm me the serial no of the gun theres a couple of different PIN HELD rearsights for bsa meteors is there a slot milled in the rearsight from front to rear direction?? or is it a later one made from bakelite or something similar??
    im breaking several very nice meteors shortly and have all the different variations of rear/front sights
    rgds scirroco

bigred1 is offline Hello, hello, hello, how low?
    Quote Originally Posted by scirroco View Post
    pm me the serial no of the gun theres a couple of different PIN HELD rearsights for bsa meteors is there a slot milled in the rearsight from front to rear direction?? or is it a later one made from bakelite or something similar??
    im breaking several very nice meteors shortly and have all the different variations of rear/front sights
    rgds scirroco
    Hi Scirroco,

I have also been after one of these rear sights (raised rectangular lug on barrel maybe an inch long by 5-6mm thick, with a hole in, mark 4 I think), but I had almost given up; If, after you've seen to the gentleman above, you've got another going please pm me as I would be interested.

My description is from memory as the gun is not in front of me, I think the serial number prefix is TH.

Thanks,

Richard

Mark 3 Meteor rear sight

Difficult to find. Would the later screw down type fit the barrel if the metal nib was ground off?

Mike95