Thread: Red dot sight for HW45

Red dot sight for HW45

Hi can anyone recommend a make of red dot sight to fit an HW45. I tried one today and the rails on the gun are just a teeny bit too wide to allow the clamps to tighten up on the sight. The sight mount was for 11mm rails but the ones on the HW45 seem to be 12mm

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    The rails on the HW45 are 13mm. To fit a Red Dot you will need to find one that doesn't have integral fittings, but needs a pair of mounts as well. I have the same problem with my HW45.

Try Uttings www.uttings.co.uk. Hawke seem to do a Red Dot with mounting rings. Might be worth checking if they can sell without mounts. They also sell the BSA reversible mounts for a 30mm tube that will fit the HW45.

Hope this helps

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Many thanks that helps a lot. get in touch with uttings.
    just thought of another question. I have just bought a really nice early HW45 on here and its got a small metal inlay on each side of the handle with HWM on it. I say I have seen these on other HW45's so I was wondering did they fit these just to early models?

I have a red dot on mine and i use the Hawke 9-11 mm no problem
    I intend to live forever,so far so good. HW90K .25... Career 707 .25 ..Career 707 .25 carbine.. Sumatra .22....Sumatra .25.. mutiple careers..Daystate Air wolf .22 HW100 .22 HW45 .22

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyb View Post
    Many thanks that helps a lot. get in touch with uttings.
    just thought of another question. I have just bought a really nice early HW45 on here and its got a small metal inlay on each side of the handle with HWM on it. I say I have seen these on other HW45's so I was wondering did they fit these just to early models?
    I don't know if they were only on the early models but I know they were on the early models, mine has them and was one of the first imported, I had to wait 2 weeks for them to come into the UK

Nick

Hawke Sport Dot fits my 45 a treat......comes with Weaver and Dovetail mounts for only £19.95 + post from Uttings....Superb value for money!
    I had two but like an idiot I sold one...
    Eric.

Thanks for that nick I was just curious about the inlays. Also thanks everyone for info about the sights I will get a set of sport dot sights.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If you have an early one the iron sights are as good as it gets for target work.
    Red dots are great for action shooting and shooting variable size and distance targets,
    Regards,
    Nick

I confirm that the rail is 13 m.m., on my I attached a Tasco Mini Red Dot

and with this , it is a very funny e precise pistol, you have to use and do practice, personally I put the pistol close to my face and aim as if I have a rifle in the hand,

here it is some pictures:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8047/hw4519.th.jpg

http://www.rapid7owners.com/forums/i...pe=post&id=457

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8092/hw4518.th.jpg

my best regards from Netherlands

Fabio
    Last edited by sniper70; 17-11-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Hw45 weaver

After buying a hw45 from the ads.I read about the sight mounting issues.
    It may please you to know that the Deben Hawke 2 piece picatinny adaptor rails fit nicely ...£21.95.
    ....if you reverse the removable part of the mount …and both bits will take a dot sight..

http://i46.tinypic.com/kcfndf.jpg

........And to think I nearly gave in to nostalgia and bought an old Webley.
    Best pistol i have shot by far..and still feels a bit like an old Senior on steroids...and built like a tank.
    Accurate as sin with Rws Hobby...at 5.3 ft lb at 10m..
    Mind you the last pistol i had was a new Hurricane..when they first came out.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 20-11-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: PIC
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Baldyman View Post
    After buying a hw45 from the ads.I read about the sight mounting issues.
    It may please you to know that the Deben Hawke 2 piece picatinny adaptor rails fit nicely ...£21.95.
    ....if you reverse the removable part of the mount …and both bits will take a dot sight..

http://i46.tinypic.com/kcfndf.jpg

........And to think I nearly gave in to nostalgia and bought an old Webley.
    Best pistol i have shot by far..and still feels a bit like an old Senior on steroids...and built like a tank.
    Accurate as sin with Rws Hobby...at 5.3 ft lb at 10m..
    Mind you the last pistol i had was a new Hurricane..when they first came out.
    Baldyman, can you tell me more about the sight you are using- It looks fantastic. I am planning on getting an HW45. Cheers.